By peacechick71 - 22/09/2013 23:30 - United States - Trenton

Today, my grandma threw away my clear retainer thinking it was plastic from packaging. She has done this three times now. They cost 300 dollars to replace. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 245
You deserved it 7 935

peacechick71 tells us more.

peacechick71 8

Hey guys OP here. To answer some questions, yes I have told my grandmother various times that I have a retainer, and that it looks like packaging and to not throw it away. I do keep it in a plastic case but I only wear it at night so when I am out shopping for her or walking her animals she snoops in my stuff. I have tried keeping it in my room to keep away from her but the door always "accidentally" opens and her animals find it and play with it because animals like the saliva taste on the retainer, it is then she thinks it's packaging and throws it away.

Top comments

Time to find a good hiding spot for those retainers!

That'll take a bite out of your budget.

Comments

Maybe you could keep your retainer in your mouth or in its case. It's not that hard.

spoons_are_cool 14

clearly your grandma can't see

Where I live in Australia, a major hardware chain called Bunnings sell safes for $35 that have pin numbers, I bought one to keep my toddlers away from the car keys and other important stuff, might be worth investing in a cheap, small safe, and after the second time I thought you might of learnt, have you shown your grandma what a retainer looks like?

Thanks for the idea! Moving in a fortnight and need a good place to hide stuff from our destructive bub!

You better go dumpster diving for that 300 dollar piece of plastic!

Throw away her false teeth, karma for her lol

victoriaescobar 10

Stop leaving your retainer laying around. Nasty.

spoons_are_cool 14

your grandma needs fake teeth and you need to fix yours lol

you'd think after the first 2 times you'd store it in a safer location.

fooltemptress 36

Why do you keep leaving it where she can find it and throw it away?

I suggest writing your username on a piece of paper in some marker. Then place your retainers on top of it.

Kallian_fml 21

Username? I think someone's been living on the internet for too long.

Haha! When the OP first posted this, her username was "not packaging". It changed, and my comment no longer makes sense