By bclark - 16/05/2009 17:49 - United States

Today, my father sent me a letter in the mail. He spelled my first name wrong on the front of the envelope. I'm turning 28 years old and my own father doesn't know that my name has two "t"s in it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 850
You deserved it 3 533

bclark tells us more.

bclark 0

My name is Brett. Inside the envelope was a birthday card....my birthday is not until July.

Top comments

maybe he's jealous cause ur mom dosent have any tt's

mgodson07 0

not really an fml..i mean as parents get older they forget things... shoot my momma cant tell me (im a female) and my brother apart on the phone, and not only does she forget our birthdays, she forgets hers as well as we get older, small mistakes like that should not bother us like farreal

Comments

Relax, it was probably just a mistake. My mom confuses my name with our dogs' names all the time. It's frustrating, but it happens.

SeedlessMe 13

Wow I'm sorry but that's ******* Hilarious!

I feel your pain.. my dad did that once. I went to my room and cried. FYL

Lol I'm sorry I feel your pain. Just blame it on old age if that works cuz' my last birthday my dad forgot the date I was born on and had to ask me. Parents can't be on top of things all the time *shrugs* but yeah it still hurt a tad.

big deal- at least you got a letter from him! it shows he was thinking of you and took time out of his day to send you something. Be happy you got mail! jeepers.

ummPORQUE 0

happens to me too. i found an old baby tape from when i was like 5 or 6 and my dad had written my name wrong on the tape cover.

id0nTgiv3af___ 0

maybe it was a mistake i mean i cant even spell my name right half the time!

hey my dad can barely spell his wife's name! or my name. but my name is really easy to spell. still, he sometimes forgets the i. but that's because he has dyslexia and ADD.

My Dad just asks me when my shift will be over when I go to visit him. He likes the other people better, he tells me. He has no idea who I am. I think I'd trade with you, OP.

this is almost as worse as the post "today i woke up at 8am and didnt take a shower so i could hear the postman. he didnt come.i stink.fml"

He spelled a word wrong? If that's the least of your problems I think you're good.