By mylove - 01/05/2009 02:50 - United States

Today, my daughter said "I love you mom", to me for the first time I can remember. She is 16 years old. She said it because I bought her first thong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 969
You deserved it 12 772

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Messed up. I dont think I'd buy my daughter a thong at sixteen. Awkward. D:

Comments

fmlfmlfml15 0

#126 stfu and OP, you must be a bad parent. and you just proved me right after you said "I bought her first thong".

M_U_F_F_I_N918 0

Ok, buying a 16 year old a thong is no that bad! I am in middle school and girls now are just starting to wear them in like december. Only this REALLY slutty girl had one before that...I think that is just disgusting to wear one in middle school. I think that 16 is a respectable age. You ARE not a bad parent. The first time i glanced at this story i thought you were but after rereading it and looking at these comments you aren't. As for the I love you thing. Theres nothing wrong with that especially for a teenager.

boogabooga1212 0

I've been wearing thongs since 13 not because i"m a **** because they are more comfortable to me. But my mom told me if I wanted to wear them I had to buy them. I tell my parents I love them everyday so maybe you should talk to her and tell her you don't think she appreciates you.

Karnezar 2

It's a teenager, teenagers don't normally tell their parents they love them. I don't, unless my parents ask me to.

It must be nice to live in such a black-and-white world. Obviously, nice girls wear fuller panties and tell their mothers they love them (even when they don't mean it), and bad girls wear thongs and disrespect their parents at every turn. Come on. And just what is so wrong, as a mother, about wanting to buy things for your children? My dad still buys me things when he can, and I'm 23 years old. It's just the parent's way of still trying to take care of the child. Also, it's probably for the best that thongs have the "sex" connotation because now the daughter knows that she can be open with her mother about those types of things. Is that a bad thing? That is what I would want in a mother/daughter relationship. Whether you are a bad mother and whether your daughter is a **** sounds like a personal matter to me.

_mcs_ 0

I really don't see how buying your daughter a thong automatically makes the girl a ****/*****/whatever. I'm sixteen and I've had them four a couple years now and I am the farthest thing from a *****. It's just a different style of underwear, it's not a huge deal. :/

Bongi 0

that sucks...but 16 is not too young...girls were wearing those in 7th grade...I'm in 10th now so i'm about your daughters age. but it really does suck that that's why she said she loves you

I'm on the same page with you 134. I'm sixteen now and I've had thongs since I was 12. But your daughter hasn't told you she loves you in a while, some people say that's just the teenage phase, well coming from a 16 year old, it's not. I tell my parents I love them everyday. You need a talk with her.

:/ I tell my mom I love her everyday and I'm turning 15 this year... That's not too far from 16, right?

emotions just aren't communicated well in some families. I didn't tell my parents I loved them probably until 19. It doesn't mean i didn't feel it, i was just a teenager and things like that just weren't expressed in my family. your daughter probably just said it as a knee-jerk reaction at that point, and she probably felt embarassed about it afterwards. Not saying it doesn't mean she doesn't feel it, or that she didn't love you before you didn't buy her a thong, thats ******* stupid. lots of stupid comments on here. the daughter probably isn't a bitch, just another awkward teenager like -everyone- is at some point. and for christs sake, it's a thong! she's 16! girls are having sex by that age, whats the big deal?