By hoopfrog - 18/06/2014 13:26 - United States - York

Today, my boyfriend's grandma took me to his house to hang out. I then heard her in the kitchen telling his mom how hard she tried to leave me at the nearest gas station. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 649
You deserved it 4 449

hoopfrog tells us more.

Oh trust me, his mom is a real bitch too.

Top comments

I thought mothers-in-laws were traditionally the problem, not grandmothers

I feel like she didn't try hard enough if you didn't even notice.

Comments

U tell the same thing to your mother-in-law that you tries to get rid of the granny as she sucked !! Be brave

The fact that you consider yourself a daughter in law may have something to do with them not liking you.

nadene52 12

There's nothing in op's fml that says she considers herself a daughter in law

Where in this fml did she consider herself daughter in law because I read nothing that implys that

Jessj958 19

@50, I don't see a title for this FML anywhere....

@ Everyone, if you used the mobile app, the titled read something about a daughter in law. Now the thing says it was posted by hoopfrog or something. At any rate, I was right when I posted my reply sooooooooo get off my jock. :)

It really does depend on how long they've been together though. If it's a long term relationship (several years ) and they just haven't gotten legally wed, then she basically is a daughter in law. might actually explain why they don't like her too... some people are still old fashioned about that sort of thing.

If she doesn't like you that's her problem...all that matters is that you love your boyfriend they'll have to live with you being there

This kinda reminds me of the "Meet the Parents/Fockers" movies. :)

91hayek 31

Just ignore them OP. They were just probably annoyed because they were running your boyfriend's errand of picking you up. Where was his lazy ass anyway? Getting not his mother but GRANDmother to pick you up is pretty weak form, especially if it was to his own house.

We are quite young and unable to drive. He was along for the ride.

Granny tried to pull the ol pump and dump.

Call her on it at the next family thing, just be confident and tell her how rude that was, if no one but your bf is on your side, then never talk to that family, and never hang out at their house. They won't changed.

If you have to go through that much trouble then the relationship probably will not work out due to the constant feuding between both sides.

Be thankful she tried to leave you at the nearest gas station.