By SickOfYourShit - 16/12/2015 15:41 - United States - Kennewick

Today, my boyfriend's bitch of a mother had surgery and now I'm expected to be her at-home nurse. I haven't been able to sit down for more than 5 minutes thanks to her and I've barely slept. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 278
You deserved it 2 981

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're expected? As in your boyfriend asked you and you agreed? Or you felt as though you had no choice..? Kinda a dick move if the second, sorry OP.

Xobubblyxo 23

I think you should talk to your boyfriend because he's probably unaware of the problem

Comments

fpants2010 18

Maybe she'll change her tune now and be nice!

mds9986 24

Mother in law being nice? What parallel universe are you writing this from?

It's happened before. My aunt and her son's wife love each other.

fpants2010 18

I have heard plenty of horror stories, but my mother in law is pretty cool :)

From the stories I see, it seems if she starts off hating you for no reason, it's not likely to change. Though it's always worth a try at least.

My sister-in-laws both love my mom like crazy, and my mom loves them as if they were related by blood. One of them actually loves my mom more than her own. Although my mom is the best and treats them like gold. She's always watching the grandkids and making family suppers and helping out with laundry or when the kids are sick, etc. I'm so thankful that we all get along and genuinely love each other. I love them more than anything! So it is possible that those relationships are out there, it's just rare, unfortunately.

My mother in law and I get along very well...I can't imagine ever referring to her as his "bitch of a mother". Maybe his mom knows what the girlfriend really thinks about her and gives her the attitude she clearly wants.

I'm glad people get along with their mother-in-laws but it's pretty ridiculous to think op hated her for no reason. It's very common for MIL's to be terrible, doesn't mean every one, or even most, will.

You're expected? As in your boyfriend asked you and you agreed? Or you felt as though you had no choice..? Kinda a dick move if the second, sorry OP.

even if she felt she had no choice, there's always a choice. in home nurse, other family members etc. you're allowed to say no OP, you have no obligation to take care of anyone.

Ya, she probably should have told her boyfriend she couldn't do it. It sounds dangerous for them both and like he might come home to find they killed each other.

ballislife2324 14

I don't think op was expected to I think it just sorta happened that way because what I can take away from the fml is that the boyfriend works and op doesn't but I could be wrong about that. However if it is right and she doesn't work then yah maybe it is kinda expected I mean if she didn't hat would kinda be a bitch move its not like your doing anything better. Plus the boyfriend would have to take time off to help his mother recover I think op can hold out for a month especially since she isn't working

Possible Scenario #1: Perhaps OP lives w/ her bf @ his mom's place and feels obligated/ imposed on/ doesn't want to make her/ bf's situ worse than it already is e.g., being kicked out....

its nice that your doing it but why are you expected to nurse her.

Xobubblyxo 23

I think you should talk to your boyfriend because he's probably unaware of the problem

The boyfriend can be the at home nurse.

She did just have surgery... Ask your boyfriend for help

Or the boyfriend could look after his own mother, rather than them making the girlfriend do it.

Liquor her up. Both of you will sleep fine.

jimmer23 21

What #3 said. And also, is she (or someone else) paying you? Not to sound callous, but you really don't have to do anything you don't want to, unless there was a previous arrangement.

Some mothers think it'll work to push you away from their kid if they treat you like shit. Stick up for yourself, be kind, and you can get through it. Show her that she won't win.

It's true. I bet she'll end up respecting you more if you don't let it get to you and rise above of it.

AirBusDriver 23

Pull the plug. Problem solved.