By ruttles - 28/04/2017 17:47

Today, like every day, I made myself some coffee with my Keurig, but today I discovered a lot of mold growing inside it. I guess that explains why I've been so sick and feel like my lungs have been on fire the last few weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 898
You deserved it 2 020

ruttles tells us more.

Op here I actually don't buy the kcups I buy regular coffee and a pod with a washable filter...both cheaper and environmentally friendly. And the keurig was given to me so never actually bought the machine and I never read up on the maintenance instructions like I should've, which I acknowledge is my fault. But I put milk and sugar in my coffee so it never actually tasted bad to me. And the whole machine is black so I couldn't see the mold growing in it. But we've since took the keurig apart (literally) and thoroughly washed and sanitized it and we installed a water filter on it.

Top comments

For your next coffee machine, may I suggest a filter and a filter holder? No, seriously. It takes as much time to prepare coffee with this than with a Keurig, it's cheaper than a Keurig, the coffee tastes better, there are much more varieties than with a Keurig, it's waaaay easier to wash (it goes entirely in the dishwasher) and the environment will be so happy it will give you a big smooch of health.

Op here, I don't buy kcups I buy regular coffee and a reusable/washable pod and filter.

Comments

Get to the Dr's I work in the cleaning and restoration business and trust me when I say mold is nothing to mess around with. If severe enough you may need a lung removed because mold can live in the lungs and grow and eventually suffocate you

thatslifeiguess7 16

We had one and I grew tired of cleaning it. but yep known for mold

I don't get why Americans always need machines to make coffee. Ant you just use a kettle like the rest of the world?