By thedd - 18/08/2009 04:44 - United States

Today, it's my 21st birthday. All my friends showed up at my house already drunk, so I had to be the designated driver. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 161
You deserved it 3 899

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

That's just kind of asshole ish of your friends, sorry. When my sister turned twenty one she was preggo so she shared your pain, haha but for a longer time.

Where I am, the legal drinking age is 19. I was 6 months pregnant at the time so I went to a pub I ate at all the time and, since they had a restaurant side and then the bar side, sat on the bar side for the first time. I also did order a beer but my boyfriend at the time (who was also legal I did not order a drink for someone underaged) drank it. My waitress understood why I did it haha.

Brooklynxman 0

Kick their asses while they're drunk, then they'll have more then just a hangover in the morn while you prance around on the high that is revenge.

flyboy57 0

stop being a party pooper. take a cab.

mcsnelly 5

1. Not every town/city has taxis everywhere, if at all. And towns/cities not big enough for taxis all over the road are not necessarily small enough to be able to walk EVERYWHERE. I live in a city that has about 2 taxis that would take a long time to actually get there to pick you up and it would be way too far to walk to a lot of places. 2. Just because someone wants to be able to drink on their 21st birthday, it doesn't automatically mean they want to get wasted and not remember any part of the night. I'm 20 and rarely drink (usually it's actually with family, having a glass of wine or something like that) but I'd be pissed if I had to be the DD on my 21st! I'd just want to be able to have a couple drinks, not get plastered, so it'd be really inconsiderate of my friends if they showed up already drunk so I'd have to drive!

potsie 0

to all of u talkin about how easy it is to get a taxi i live in a city of over 100,000 people n its the 2nd biggest in my state population-wise. I've seen about 4 or 5 taxis my whole life here and im pretty sure like 3 of em were the same one. You also can't walk anywhere cuz every place is generally atleast 15 min away driving w/o hitting lights... so stfu

shoulda stayed home and partied and made those douchebags get cabs. YOUR FAULT, ASSHOLE!!!

DeathByFalchion 0

At least you had time to celebrate your birthday, and friends who wanted to celebrate it with you.

Hah, my father and his brothers were just talking about their 21st birthday parties. Basically, all theirs kinda sucked too, and they didn't get to drink a lot. It happens, OP.

**** that, I would have called someone else and gone or gotten a cab. On my 21st I made the mistake of starting out by drinking the fruity girly drinks because I had never gotten to have them before because at house parties no one made those. I had a few and felt like I was going to puke because of all the sugar and junk in them. I didn't even get tipsy on my 21st, yet I still thought I was going to throw up. It was sad.