By systeminitiated - 02/05/2009 04:55 - Canada

Today, in math class we were learning about gravity. To demonstrate my teacher asked me to stand on the desk and then step off. Upon stepping on the desk it curved inward and cracked. Everyone was dying of laughter. Fuck gravity. FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 175
You deserved it 9 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, I've seen some lard-arsed kids sitting on desks and they've been fine. It was probably an old desk. Or, if you ARE morbidly obese, sitting at your computer complaining about it won't help.

gravity is freakin' physics, not math! what the hell is that teacher doin? lol if "gravity" pulled you down so hard the desk broke, let's hope you didnt go all the way to the centre of the earth :D

Comments

Gravity would be covered in physics, yes. However, calculus was developed specifically to solve problems that arise in physics - so using examples from physics (especially the relationship between position, velocity, and acceleration) is one of the clearest ways to demonstrate concepts from derivation to integration. If this was pre-algebra or something, then there are far fewer options.

spaztastic31 0

oh boy... that stinks. maybe your teacher had some hidden handywork in there and made it so the demonstration would cause a fail

curryndricegirll 0

You were learning about gravity in MATH class? Somehow I find that hard to believe. I know there is speed, velocity, and acceleration for purposes of differentiation and integration, but having to demonstrate gravity in a math class is hardly believable. Secondly, stepping off of a desk doesn't demonstrate gravity anyway. Btw, she isn't necessarily fat either. The desks are built so you have books on them, not people.

ZiggyMorrison 0

Today the teacher asked someone to sit on me to demonstrate gravity and It broke me in half FML

martron3000 5

And the lesson learned here is: Gravity Sucks!!!

BS from the first sentence. Who learns about gravity in math class? For that matter, wtf does gravity have to do with math????

thelonelylurker 0

Don't blame gravity for making you a fatty.

california512 0

I'm sure it was just an old desk. Your teacher wouldn't have asked you you to stand on the desk if you were fat and thought you were going to break it

GabriLee 0

#45, this is true, but even in college calculus, even though we covered a bit of velocity, we didn't talk about gravity and such. To those calling it fake though, I don't think it is... if I was making it fake, I would have said we were learning about gravity in science...

soscrewed12 0

way to assume the OP is fat, guys. It also didn't have to be an old desk, i doubt most of the desks at my school could stand more than 100 pounds of force. What kind of teacher would make a kid stand on a desk? If the kid fell off and got a concussion the teacher would be responsible.