By cutsiecurliee - 05/11/2015 19:21 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I was walking my dog when I saw a man trying to get a screaming little girl into a van. I called 911 and ran over yelling at him. His wife then got out of the van and explained the girl was their daughter and they were just trying to make her go to school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 549
You deserved it 4 271

cutsiecurliee tells us more.

cutsiecurliee 21

Hey guys OP here! I asked the little girl if that was her parents and she nodded but 911 told me they were still sending an officer to be 100% sure that everything was accurate. The parents completely understood and were totally fine because they were glad I cared and took action. :)

Top comments

It was an honest mistake op. It's nice that you decided to take action instead of be a bystander! We need more people like you:)

Thank you for actually doing something to try to help rather than just take a video to post on YouTube later.

Comments

OP you did the right thing kids go missing every day ..and yeah couples can kidnap as well good job

I would be glad you called the cops and intervened if I was the parent ( and I have raised several children)... How easy it would be for a kidnapper to claim to be a parent and unfortunately women participate in kidnapping and assaults too at times so it isn't enough to believe it's ok just because a woman was there... Good job! We need more people who care!

You definitely did the right thing! Better safe than sorry.

BeenIt 5

Don't regret that. You did exactly what you were supposed to do.

You believed them? How are you so sure they're related?

What a great person you are to step In when you see something (you think is) wrong happening.

The problem here is that if this were told from the other point of view, everyone would say "a parent can't do anything without someone accusing them of something meticulous." In this case, everyone says OP did the right thing. So it's a double-edged sword. Still, I'm glad there wasn't any danger or cause for alarm, though the parents should be doing a better job at making their kid mind.

That's great, I mean you never know right