By nearlythere - 30/09/2011 04:50 - Australia

Today, I was getting ready to perform a speech in anthropology on the globalization of public transportation and how it brings cultures together. On the bus ride there, the girls behind me were discussing ways to hide their track marks after injecting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 421
You deserved it 2 931

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Anthropology is the study of human evolution, biologically and culturally...so this girl wants to give a speech about how buses and such help bring people of all cultures and lifestyles together. On a public bus, on the way to her class, two heroin addicts are discussing hiding their vein scars. Talk about mixing cultures. If you don't get it now, then fyl.

Joshoa123 16

I bet that poked a few holes in your logic.

Comments

You get track marks from repeatedly inserting a needle into the same vein. You don't get that with insulin.

And now you've learned The culture of druggies....

OP should talk about that experience in the speech. It's relevant and real.

bfsd42 20

There's no fml here. Op is clearly prejudiced towards drug users. Does she think that the drug culture should not be involved in her list of cultures who intermix on the bus? F the drug users life for being negatively judged by op.

Nah, I felt it was more a commentary on globalization as a culturally unifying force--and the. Being presented with a clear example of it being a cultural disease vector before your speech might be considered distracting. Like presenting a pill that cures cancer to a panel of doctors, only to be told in the hall outside the auditorium that half of your test subjects that were cured of cancer spontaneously developed explosive ghonorrhea. An interesting dichotomy if there ever was one...

TheDrifter 23

I fail to see how one can globalize a bus system, but I never really did understand all that lefty "let's all live like peasants" nonsense anyhow. YDI for advocating any lifestyle that requires the use of public transit.

Being really young (13) and gone to private catholic school none of my friends have

a_nutritionist 10

@88 for once you and i agree on something. that said, this was easy to interpret, so i dont understand how you had to ask the question in the first place.