By Ellen - 26/02/2010 19:58 - Norway

Today, I was browsing a website where you can talk to strangers anonymously, when I met a guy I really hit it off with. After talking for two hours, we decided to keep in touch, just in time for me to hit the "Next Person" button by mistake. There's no way to undo it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 451
You deserved it 30 253

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iTiger_fml 0

I want to see an FML from his point of view.

Comments

my friend was on a site like that. the dude turned out to be a creepy old man and he stalked her for a while, untill they called the cops. I totally agree with Snickerdoodles.

its called chat roulette OP didnt say but "next person button" is on that site also yu get the option to use cam and audio unless your head lives up your ass you ask to see the perosn youve been talking to for 2 hours

um yeah, omegle has those same features too. think before you post.

For both Chatroulette and Omegle , there are "missed connections" pages...

bigtaytay 13

hey i was just on that website! chatroulette.com im guessing

boatkicker 4

Or you know, you don't tell them anything but your first name and maybe a picture, and then give them more information when you actually get to know them. Pretty safe, in my opinion. I met my fiance online. What are the chances that 1) He'll actually be a creeper (perhaps higher online than in real life, but still not absurdly high) 2) He'll be able to find you based on "my name is erin and I'm 19" and a picture that shows brown hair and pale skin. Basically none, for this point alone.

Like #1 said, you probably had a good chance of being ass raped if you met the person, so cheers :D

BukuElf 0

your name must be snickerdoodles.... how dumb are you

Toxxic_Blackout 0

Hiw is that funny? Anyway, you implied that snickerdoodles is dumb, when she is obviously highly intelligient. It's not her fault some people make grammatical errors. She's doing them a favor by correcting them, so please get over yourself.

Congrats on finding your fiance online, still - the more you talk, the more info you give away accidentally... and it probably won't be that long until search engines can find other pictures of you on the internet when you feed them with one. Very unlikely though to get in real danger on chatroulette, I guess - much worse in regional chatrooms.

boatkicker 4

My biggest concern is people who use the same screen named everywhere. In one place they're relatively safe, just their family or friends or whatever know about it so they feel comfortable posting personal information, and then somewhere else, where they don't want people to have their info, they have the same username.

Isabella_r38 0

it was chat roulette wasn't it.?! that site is disgusting. >.