By karmas a kunt - 22/09/2012 00:28 - United States

Today, I was at work, when an elderly lady casually mentioned it was her birthday. I motioned two of my coworkers over, and we sang a little happy birthday to her over the phone. Our boss stormed in mid-song and suspended all three of us on the spot for "unprofessional behavior." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 302
You deserved it 2 810

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Canchan 12

Your boss is a prick . He should've at least let you finish the song .

Forget your boss, but that was really sweet of you especially since it was an elderly lady :)

Comments

perdix 29

He probably wanted to get rid of you before he was on the hook for royalties to the Hill Sisters. Public performances of "Happy Birthday to You" cost money. Plus, you probably sucked and were scaring the shit out of all the other old farts.

Finally perdix finally gets thumbed down.

Iknowsomestuff 9

I can't believe the OP was able to get two other people to join in with just a motion. He is obviously charismatic and well liked. He should look for a job where outside the box customer support is appreciated and rewarded.

pregnantpianist 2

Sounds like your boss needs to either get laid or needs midol and a snickers. Damn. Chill out, bro. Lol.

It may appear unprofessional but it's actually something known as "taking the initiative in order to improve your relationship with the customer"...might want to explain this to your idiot boss when you nectar see him ;-)

that's crazy. who would have thought singing happy birthday can get you suspended. your damned if you do, your damned if you dont

KokiriKid 10

Well, at least you probably made that woman's day! :)

Your boss is a dick. I guess wishing him a happy birthday would be considered unprofessional too, so keep that in mind when his birthday comes up.

Your boss should appreciate your kindness! Such a sweet thing of you and your partners. Who knows how many more birthdays this older woman will be able to celebrate!?