By Jamie - 20/09/2013 00:47 - United States - Newport News

Today, I was at work at Krispy Kreme for national "talk like a pirate" day. If you dressed like a pirate you'd get a free dozen donuts. A man came in with just an eyepatch on. Thinking he was trying to get a free dozen, I told him he needed to try harder. Turned out the eyepatch was real. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 278
You deserved it 13 921

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shame on you, you should always lift the eyepatch and make sure before doubting someone

CharresBarkrey 15

To get free donuts... We've been over this

Comments

Pirates also used real eye patches. Give him a donut.

I'm sure some free donuts will smooth over that misunderstanding. :D

so that was legit today? damn! I wsh i still had all my pirate stuff from gasparilla. love krispy kreme. but sorry op. that had to be awkward.

Usually medical eye patches look a bit different from party ones. Didn't OP notice?

CharresBarkrey 15

You can buy medical eye patches from pharmacies or drug stores for just a few bucks, though.

I know that you didn't know it was real OP however you shouldn't assume that it was part of a costume because you just don't ever know if it is real or not.

yscpunkchick 14

I think most everyone *would* assume its part of a costume. The man went into a Krispy Kreme on National Pirate Day, where dressing like a pirate would get you a free dozen doughnuts. OP, if you explained to the man why you said what you said, I'm sure he'd understand.

#45 I know it was dress up like a pirate day and get a free dozen because it clearly states it but it DID NOT say that the had to be dressed head to toe in a pirate custom so I do think it was her place to say he was dressed up enough for the doughnuts.

yscpunkchick 14

You're an idiot. No one said anything about being in full costume. I am saying that it was okay for OP to assume the customer was wearing an eye patch to get free doughnuts.

well aren't you an ignorant and judgmental asshole.

Trust me, it's real. I went through two years of hell at the age of 7-8 with an eyepatch on. It doesn't bring many positive comments

Dress like a Pirate just to get free donuts? Nope can't say I would go out of my way to do that. Anyway back on to the FML, I would of said the same thing so don't feel to bad, just give him the free donuts as an apology.