By paradox - 23/11/2010 17:10 - United States

Today, I tried to get my license. To get that, I needed to show proof of school enrollment. I graduated early, so they told me to get a copy of my diploma. I went to school, and they told me that I would need a valid driver's license to access my diploma. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 149
You deserved it 3 102

bannedpianoman tells us more.

bannedpianoman 0

Most of you are saying this sounds fishy, and I tried to write this part in the FML, but I didn't have room with the 300 character limit... Since I was a senior for only 9 weeks (half of a semester) this year, they refused give me a new school ID. I tried using my ID from Junior year, since I figured 2009-2010 would work, but they said that that ID was invalid starting the first day of this year. They said that my only other option would be a driver's license. Same situation, more details...

Top comments

.....You couldn't take your diploma that you got at graduation and photocopy it?

cheeksMcgeeks 3

You can always get an I.D. from the DMV...they should accept that.

Comments

Looks like Sirin read the unofficial FAQ. *sheepish grin*

I think they ment that you need to show proof of driving school enrollment.

I submitted an fml before I made this account. Oh and all caitlon's comments had a minus 3 rating. So obviously 3 people disliked her every comment so i liked her comments

WTF kind of rules does Texas have. why do you need school shit to drive a car???

since when do you need proof of enrollment to get your license?

juturnaamo 29

minors can't be drop outs and get to drive. If you drop out under 18 you can't drive...so they need proofof enrollment or graduation. The school just needs an ID though, which a 17 year old should have anyway.

riku3220 2

Graduates at my school are given a fake diploma at the ceremony and they have to go to the school the next moring to pick up their real diploma. Whoops, misclicked. That was meant for the post below me.

Jeffrey, why the **** does everything have to be about you, you egotistical little shit? Nah, I'm just kidding. It's just hard to reply to "LOL," know what I mean? Oh, and while I'm here... replies*

Usually, diplomas are actually given to the graduating student when they graduate. Seen as you've already graduated, OP, shouldn't you have yours?