By paradox - 23/11/2010 17:10 - United States

Today, I tried to get my license. To get that, I needed to show proof of school enrollment. I graduated early, so they told me to get a copy of my diploma. I went to school, and they told me that I would need a valid driver's license to access my diploma. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 149
You deserved it 3 102

bannedpianoman tells us more.

bannedpianoman 0

Most of you are saying this sounds fishy, and I tried to write this part in the FML, but I didn't have room with the 300 character limit... Since I was a senior for only 9 weeks (half of a semester) this year, they refused give me a new school ID. I tried using my ID from Junior year, since I figured 2009-2010 would work, but they said that that ID was invalid starting the first day of this year. They said that my only other option would be a driver's license. Same situation, more details...

Top comments

.....You couldn't take your diploma that you got at graduation and photocopy it?

cheeksMcgeeks 3

You can always get an I.D. from the DMV...they should accept that.

Comments

LindseyyMariee 0

why dont you just explain your situation to the school office people, not everyone graduates highschool with a lisence and some people never have one. maybe theres another way to prove your "you" lol

#15 Exactly. I definitely didn't have a license until after I graduated from high school. Not everyone gets them right at the legal driving age, so it seems silly that OP would need a license to get her diploma.

I think they just want a proof of ID maybe not specifically a drivers license but like you #15 said just find another way to prove you are you.

ImBeingLiedTo 0

can u prove ur fun bags are real ?_?

poplmon 0

Like existing! Lol. It would also be easier if the school used their student database, my old school still has my name in it from over 6 years ago.

If you've already graduated, aren't you technically not enrolled?

That's why he has to get copy of his diploma...

Wouldn't another form of ID work? Such as passport/birth certificate etc? I don't understand why it would be so specific for both of them. Also, why do you need to show proof of school enrolment to get a drivers licence?

Kritz, I feel I should warn you that the moderators don't like people calling fake so easily. Though maybe you're rebelling...not that they'll care about that. It might be possible that there are places, as raw109 (comment #24) has now stated you apparently have to if you're under 18 in Mississippi. However I don't know about Texas, I also don't know much about American driving licences.

Lol...no ******* duh...that's why I put it here like 2 more times...Cause I know nothing else I had said in my original post would have been against FML's rules. Thanks for pointing out something someone with half a brain would have figured out if they had seen post #18. Not trying to be an ass... But There is also no location with this FML but this definitely seems "fishy". //wonders if this post will get modified too. ;)

I ran into this exact problem... what you have to do is go to the dps and get an ID card if you do not have a passport... then 6 weeks later when it comes in the mail... take that to school.. then go back to the dps and get the license.. or see if you can send your mom to the hs for a copy of your diploma... good luck

I know in Mississippi if you are under the age of 18 then you have to show that you are in school in order to get a license.

I bet along with other identification. School enrollment doesn't prove who someone is.

Fuhohohoho... trapped in a never-ending cycle. Like many have said, darling, ask if you can use a different form of identification. I STILL don't have a license myself...but that's because my body type makes it difficult to drive.

FFML, it means Lumbar Puncture, you silly woman.

WTFmoments75 5

Not sure if u mean fat or just oddly shaped...

cserrata1 0

Screw it just drive illegally!

AAShah 0

Hopefully OP will crash into your car. :)

cserrata1 0

That's why you get FULL COVERAGE!!

The majority of FMLs are submitted anonymously without a user account. This FML is the 13,948,929th one submitted, so you'll find it isn't that odd :-)

Because their FMLs sucked. Or sucked in comparison to the others submitted the same day. It's not a coincidence unless you're wearing a tin-foil hat. Take a look at my own profile... yes, that's right, my FMLs made my colleagues' eyes bleed too.