By thenewgirl29 - 01/03/2013 05:21 - Canada - Hamilton

Today, I texted my boyfriend a cute picture that I drew for him, with a little note saying "love you." He replied by sending me a picture of a nose hair he'd plucked, along with the caption, "longest one yet." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 954
You deserved it 4 295

thenewgirl29 tells us more.

I am OP. I have known the guy for 7 years and the pic was something my son and I drew for him. haha just seemed like an odd response

Top comments

He picked a keeper, I guess. I think he nose you love him; and this is just his way of telling you he loves you too. It snot so bad.

And yea 13, my Doctor once said that too high a dose of puns in one day can be fatal. He was dead serious.

Comments

what I usually do in these cases is go on sex strike for 2, 3 days. I know guys finds this type of things hilarious but frankly, it's kinda disheartening when you to the odd romantic gesture and what you get in return is a first grader's joke.

So you think your modified adult-version "Silent Treatment" is any better? Sex strikes are only for people who can not adequately communicate.

Sex strikes always just sounded immature and like a sign that you can't have a funcitonal relationship. "Oh you did something I don't like? Withhold sex! that'll teach you. I don't know how else to fix this so I guess this'll have to do."

Seems to me like a primitive way to deal with a problem; extortion almost.

Withholding sex is never EVER ok. FYBL

Maybe OP enjoys having sex with her boyfriend. Withholding sex because you're pissed is so 1950s. You could have a gross-out contest with your boyfriend, OP, but it sounds like he would win.

While a sex strike is immature and not a good way to communicate, if I was dating OPs boyfriend, we probably wouldn't be having sex for a few days just because I would keep on picturing his nose hair. Huge turnoff. There's a difference between being "comfortable" with your significant other and being gross.

BellaBelle_fml 23

I have never denied my husband sex simply because he said or did something I didn't like. It is not the right or mature thing to do. Nor is it fair to anybody. Communication saves marriages and relationships. If we had a disagreement we talked it out and made up. And that's always the right, and fun, thing to do. Now, if one is being abusive in any way or cheating, that's a different story with a different approach.

WrongRomance 11

Hmm, my boyfriend draws me cute pictures all the time. I'm having a bit of difficulty empathizing.. But, it sounds pretty sucky. Nose hair pictures aren't much of a prize.

Lol perhaps you're really bad at drawing? Thought it was an equivalent picture?

If this is an FML, you don't love him, you love being in love and want your precious 'feelings' to matter over someone else's personality. Sure he's being an asshole but – love properly means it's not the same when ONE particular person is being an asshole.

Plucking your nose hairs can kill you. My friend's grandmother died from it.

Do girls ever think about the fact that some guys don't care about cute little gestures?

#34 > Do guys ever ever think about the fact that some girls do care about cute little gestures? Seriously, it does not kill you to appreciate an effort made.

Aregonde 15

I agree, 34. There are plenty of guys and girls who are turned off by cutesy, flowery stuff. You just have to learn what kind of gestures your partner appreciates as the relationship grows. If you've been dating for a long time, a gesture that shows you really know him/her means a lot more than something generically "romantic."

Aregonde 15

Any any rate, it sounds like both the OP and her boyfriend swung and missed this time. It happens. No need for either of them to dwell on one awkward exchange.

Nothing wrong with an unromantic boyfriend he's just trying to be funny in a v silly way

That was very sweet of you OP. Your boy friend may not be 'there' yet, or may have not known how to handle the gesture. Lets face it, sometimes we can all be a little awkard about loving/sweet gestures, especially when we're young.