By Anonymous - 07/02/2012 18:15 - United States

Today, I saw my girlfriend at the store and joyfully greeted her. She got really mad at me - it was her identical twin sister, who I still cannot tell apart from my girlfriend. We've been dating for three years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 926
You deserved it 21 055

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell her that you're your identical twin and get mad at her for mistaking who you are.

Comments

bizarre_ftw 21

Even identical twins aren't identical, I knew two and one had a gap in her front teeth from sucking her thumb too much as a child, and another two with one who's nose was a tad bigger (from childhood exploits up there). However if you're truly having trouble then buy your girlfriend a necklace, hoping she'll wear it all the time. If that doesn't work there are bracelets that you put on and let your arm grow in to, but it takes a while before you can't get them off, however there are also woven bracelets you can't take off, as well as hair dying options that you could try to talk her in to, any little token that will always be on your girlfriend will do the trick (nose ring as a birthday present anyone?)

if OP was far away from her I would e understandable.

pippacrawford 4

I'm kind of surprised this doesn't have more YDIs. Telling twins apart is a pain, but after three years you have to have noticed some personality quirks or mannerisms or even fashion tells. Hell, even the way your gf looks at you vs the sister should be a clue.

If she's an identical twin, she should be more used to this by now and be more understanding. Also, there would have to be more info for me to place blame on you, unlike other people that voted YDI. We don't know how these girls dress or what they look like, etc... I was best friends with some twins in college. One set, there was a girl with a birth defect so that made that set obvious... but the other set, even as a bestie I had trouble until one got a haircut...

No matter how many times I'm mixed up with my sister, I'm still going to hate it. It's really annoying, because I do put a lot of effort into not seeming too much like her.

toenibbler 14

Keevarou, you are by far one of the kindest people on here, I've never seen you post anything negative! keep it up sir! :)

(addressing the language argument) My girlfriend's first language is Korean, and yet she is the top in her class for all her advanced level English classes at a major university. Sometimes it is better for English not to be the first language, as long as the person isn't still in the process of learning. Take me for example, English is my first language and I'm horrible with it.

At least you have to good things to look at

People usually don't like being referred to as "things", and also the word you were looking for is "two".

You really suck at being a boyfriend then...i dated an identical twin but after a few months could tell her apart from her sister and identify her voice. YDI

delilah09 6

I'm sorry, what? I got lost in #1's picture... So dreamy...