By joxerthemighty39 - 01/02/2011 03:11 - United States

Today, I had to babysit two kids. I told them to stop fighting, or to sit on separate couches. They stopped. I asked why nobody would sit on the other couch, where I'd been sitting. They told me it was the couch their autistic brother often pees on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 834
You deserved it 3 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why is everyone so serious? Fact, the boy that pissed on the couch has autism. OP wasn't like FUKKEN AUTISTIC SHIT PISSED ON THE COUCH, AUTISTIC PISS EATS THROUGH MAI GUCCI BAG! FML! Why are we reading into it like that? If anything OP is pissed at the kids without autism who aren't socially crippled. Why? Because they WERE fully capable of saying that to OP BEFORE they sat down on the couch. Or even the parents. I'm sure they knew but choose to say nothing. Out of sight, out of mind. I understand people have members in their family who have handicaps (MY OWN SISTER thank you) but not every thing said about some one with a handicap needs to be a fight, good lord!

Yes it does make a difference. If they didn't include the autistic part, I'm sure there would be tons of commenters going "wtf is wrong with that kid? why would he piss on the couch?"

Comments

Autism is a permanent disability, a lifelong struggle for anyone who has it. I'm not sure of which type of autism you have (I know there are several types that fall under the "autism umbrella"), but one of my siblings has it and he has never been able to speak even a sentence let alone a conversation, and his communication skills have gotten worse and worse over the years due to the autism (they were bad to begin with). It's a shame I will never really know him and he is 21 years old now. So autism has a completely different meaning to me than it does to you unfortunately. "Autistic kid" is just like "cancer kid", why does cancer kid sound bad? Does kid who has cancer sound better? Because your acknowledging the individual before his disease/disability. Another similar topic which shouldn't be HALF as sensitive but it is for some is their race or ethnicity. Oh you mean the Jewish guy? Oh yeah the black kid! Less important and sensitive but still sounds better when you say it AFTER the person. It is not WHO you are it is at most a part of you. If you can honestly say you would rather be labeled as "autistic kid" than "kid who is autistic / has autism", then your the only one.

well, that was good lecture.....thumbs up!!

um i would like to point out that autistic kid is more like cancerous kid not cancer kid. cancer kid would be like autism kid. but i basically agree with you

Yeah, F YOUR life, not the child or the family who has to suffer through autism all their lives. Poor you. You're a selfish ass.

QueenOrangeSoda 21

What is this "suffering" you speak of? I'm on the autistic spectrum, and both my family members and I are far from suffering. Though I will admit, it's an unpredictable road.

BelleBelle_fml 11

I believe you missed the whole point of the FML.

My Autistic brother doesnt pee on the couch. Instead he chooses to "paint with his poop" on the couch, on his clothes, his face, and anything else around him

pharmacy 1

Relax fool. She wasn't making fun of the kid. Learn to interpret shit better.

I'm autistic too, we discovered it at age 14, but I have never done anything like that. Eventually, it's still the way you raise your kids and learn them what is 'normal' and what is not. So, FYL because the parents haven't taught the kid in a normal way not to pee on the couch.

You have no idea what you are talking about! It doesn't matter what you teach an autistic kid, if their autism is severe enough, they won't listen/don't understand!

Pretty sure autism doesn't make kids pee on couches…