By Username - 20/07/2010 04:57 - France

Today, I had the rehearsal for two of my friends' wedding. My ex-husband is also in the wedding, and I just found out we have to walk down the aisle together 'for height reasons'. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 854
You deserved it 3 881

Same thing different taste

Top comments

heretonever 0

I don't know why people are being so harsh to the op. She's obviously putting up with it and not complaining to her friends because she knows its their day and doesn't want to ruin it. But that doesn't mean it doesn't suck, thats why she's just complaining on here. Yeah, its unfair of her friends to do that. Its not just about a few minutes walking, its also the fact that they are walking down the aisle together, which is bound to bring up shitty memories of their marriage, and like other people said, they will probably have to spend more time than that together. The fact she's complaining at all says that she obviously has enough issues with her ex that its really not going to be a pleasant experience. And yeah, its not her place to complain, and she isn't (to her friends), but they should've been at least a little considerate. I've never understood why people seem to think getting married gives people an excuse to do whatever they want without consideration for others.

RobotStrut 7

Ohhh God, that really is awful, haha. At least it will give you time to make amends? Hahaha!

Comments

Yeah, that's a ridiculous overreaction. True, the friends could have been a little more sensitive, but I doubt it was done maliciously. Little things like height can seem like a huge deal at the time for brides; the stress, weird etiquette, extended family, traditions, etc. can turn your brain a little wonky, especially with the expense and myriad of details inevitably involved. OP should know that and CTFO for now. Maybe have a good cry in the Ladies Room at the reception if she needs to.

Miss_gord 0

Oh waaah can't possibly be an adult about it...

At least your not meeting him at the end again. And you could always "accidentally" step on his foot and whisper how happy you are about the divorce on the way down...