By confsused - 16/12/2013 17:49 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I found out that my dad is actually my uncle, and vice-versa. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 940
You deserved it 3 372

Same thing different taste

Top comments

XDsmileyDX_fml 24
perdix 29

No, your dad is still your dad. Your uncle is your biological father. The man who raises you deserves the honorable title of "Dad" whereas any swinging dick can be a father. To clear things up further, your mom is a *****.

Comments

XDsmileyDX_fml 24

What if OP is Jewish, hmmm???? *Sorry for the sass- it's Monday.*

Let's hope OP was not talking about her mother's brother...

#89, if OP was, then OPs original father would simply have been OPs mother's OTHER brother, since OPs farther and uncle are brothers.

FarFromSocial 9

Wait now I really want to know how OPs mom comes into this

Keep it up OP. People like tyra banks thrive off of your kind of problems.

incoherentrmblr 21

It's going to be a very awkward Father's Day...

if they kmew and youdad raised you as his own and took care of you then he is your dad but your uncle father if he didn't do anything for you then he is nothing more than an uncle

FarFromSocial 9

@161 I think I speak for everyone when I say" What?"

jazzy_123 20

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I love how the guy below you said like the same thing but you get down voted into oblivion.

Rainhawk94 27
jazzy_123 20

104, haha I know, it happens x) oh well.

So that means either your mom is an incest and slept with her brother or she is a cheater and slept with your aunt's husband Either way.... It's ****** up sorry op :/

@174: What about sleeping with her husband's brother?

jazzy_123 20

121, trying to find ways to combine those words... duncle? ... ahh that's it, I got nothin'!

I'm curious of why they kept it as a secret. Was it because your mother loved your father's brother and not your father?

What a family reunion you'll have this year!

Well at least you are still related...

Yeah, but the person OP's known their whole life as their dad, is really their uncle.

If he's acted and been there like a parent then he is the "dad". There is a difference between being someone's "father" and being a "dad".

Yep, thats why Vader never said, "Luke I am your dad."

he didn't even say, "luke, I am your father."

Correct, he said "No, I am your father"

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Jelbeztok 17

Because it clearly shows he's in Canada.

@36 I think the fact that OP is from Canada is a reason, and maybe the fact that #6' comment is not only extremely stereotypical, it's also extremely overused.

jamescrazy96 17

Ya' know, the reason they thunk he/she is from the south, could be that we's are all inbreed! They clearly made a funny!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

No, the mom is still the mom, she just slept with her husband's brother.

crimsonlilies 26

That would make the same person dad and uncle unless the mum has more than one brother (but that is so much worse to imagine).

Has no one thought of the possibility that OP's dad is infertile, and his brother was a sperm donor?

emirie 21

Or maybe the biological dad slept with some random chick who didn't want a child, so the dad let his brother and wife (if there is one) adopt OP. Then, technically "mom" would actually be the aunt.

I'd like to know how you found out.. Sorry OP :(

SmittyJA24 26

And this makes your mom.... a ****?

There's always the possibility that the mother was originally married to/in a relationship with the "uncle", and when they discovered they weren't right for each other, she met/married the OP 's "dad"