By Anonymous - 23/12/2013 00:58 - United States - Dekalb

Today, I found out I was passed over for the promotion I've wanted for 9 months at the fast food restaurant I work in. Who got the job? The 16 year old girl I trained 2 weeks ago. Their excuse was, "She has ambition." I'm going to college for food service management. She failed her drug test. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 549
You deserved it 4 230

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bman5064 11

$100 she's sucking your managers french fry

She's still working there even though she failed a drug test?

Comments

I worked at several fast food chains and they will always choose the druggie low lifes over qualified people, they pay them poorly, and chances are they won't leave for better opportunities, while if you are clean, educated and smart, you'll leave on the first better chance you get. It's about retaining employees and low turn over rate.

skyeyez9 24

She is sucking the boss off or boss is attracted to her. Only explanation that is valid enough to ignore a failed drug test and early promotion.

If she failed her drug test isn't it company policy that she doesn't get hired? That's why they do those things in the first place. Call employee relations!

icepick23 12

YDI for clearly not being as hot as she is.

Got to be more to this story then this.. Most people don't get passed over unless you don't deserve it..

Wow how does she still have a job there, that's rediculous!

cmiller2339 2

Sounds to me that she's giving the manager or owner what they want...

Smh it sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders. The right opportunity may present itself but if thats the kind of place you're working in, you might have better luck somewhere else.