By brylynn - 26/08/2012 01:58 - United States

Today, I fainted during my sister's wedding because my dress was too tight. When I woke up, she slapped me hard across the face. Why? Because I "took all the attention away" from her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 160
You deserved it 7 785

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Greendaycheese 12

Slap her back, just because it's her wedding day, doesn't mean the world revolves around her...

Comments

Now that's one mean and selfish sister you've got yourself there. Sorry about that, OP. Still can't believe it!

I will be thumbed down for this but this shit happens once in a lifetime for her and you ****** it up. This happened because of your stupidity and could have been easily avoided. She shouldn't have slapped you but she had every right to be annoyed at your stupidity.

Mearemoi 14

What stupidity? Maybe the dress wasn't that tight when OP tried it on before. I've seen it happen before. OP was not stupid.

99- You are way out of line in your comment. How is OP being stupid? Because they wore a dress that had probably been picked out months before hand for their sister's wedding? No, 99, you're the one being stupid here.

You get fittings up to 2 days before the wedding. She knew it was tight, and omg, so ******* tight that you faint from it?

If that had been the case, 2 days before the wedding, there would have been no time to get a new dress. As previous commentators have said, OP might've not realized the dress was too tight until hours later into the wedding, when she'd been wearing it all day.

If you knew you were going to be thumbed down.., then why did you post this? Your opinion or not, some people don't need all your negativity after getting slapped in the face.

carminecris89 13

99 I agree. Most girls dream about having a nice wedding, and to have your sister take attention like that away because she faints from a dress being to tight sounds completely obnoxious. I don't know why people feel more sorry for girl who fainted. Her sister shouldn't have hit her, but I can't imagine not wanting to shake her or yank her hair out for something she had control of and time to fix. The dress could have been easily fixed, or if it's a matter of weight she could have dieted until the wedding has passed. Op needs to understand that her sisters outrage isn't completely wrong.

DoxIxHAVExTo 10

"Most girls dream about having a nice wedding, and to have your sister take attention like that away because she faints from a dress being to tight sounds completely obnoxious." ... Wow. I feel bad for your future groom who's going to have to deal with the obvious bridezilla you'll turn out to be someday.

carminecris89 13

141 You assume much. I myself have no desire to do anything other than run to the court house. I think bridezillas are disgusting and personally feel that the big celebration part is the least important aspect, and honestly a waste of money. Just because I think her sister had the right to be upset, does not mean I want the same things.

dani115 6

Have you considered the fact that the OP may have gotten

How inconsiderate of you! How dare you steal your sisters attention on her special day

KiddNYC1O 20

I need to come up with a brother of the bride speech soon!

Maybe next time you should wear a dress that fits...

I hope you slapped that bitch right back. FYL.

Sarita46 3

99 - when you buy a dress for a wedding, you try it on for a few minutes. Walk around in it, maybe try on some shoes and accessories. I guarantee the OP only wore the dress for a few minutes, certainly not hours as she did at the ceremony/reception. No matter how many fittings OP had done, she couldn't know how the dress would feel/fit for hours. Yeah it's unfortunate she fainted during the ceremony but the bride was way out of line.

I'd be upset too but I wouldn't slap her. A person can be upset that she lost everyone's attention AND be worried about her sister too. It is possible. Though I would take slapping out of the equation.