By jettison17 - 28/07/2016 06:41 - United States - Chandler

Today, despite my best efforts to keep my new apartment clean and weeks of denying the complex has a bug problem, I came face to face with a roach in my cupboard. I swear the little bastard waved at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 275
You deserved it 1 589

jettison17 tells us more.

OP here. I've spoken to management and they're working on an exterminator, as the whole complex was bought out 3 weeks ago. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later, or I will have to burn it down! In the meantime my cat and I have shown no mercy.

Top comments

Angelrose2004 17

Those little boogers are (nearly) the worst! I hope it was at night time when you saw it. Usually, they say that if you see them during the day, the infestation is so bad, they are overcrowded and have nowhere else to hide. No joke! I moved into a place like that, and I'm convinced an exterminator is the only way to get rid of them. I hope you have a good landlord to take care of that issue.

Comments

Welcome to Joe's apartment, it's our apartment too. We've been around for a hundred million years and we'll be here long after you.

I was scrolling just waiting for this. I was getting worried I was the only one who watched it

mrut92 17

Had posted a comment before I seen this had to delete mine....the roach waves and says hello joe!

Cockroaches: the bugs that seem to never die

lkb307 21

Boric acid. it's a powder. put a thin line around the baseboard of your place. keeps them away and kills the colony. don't use if you have pets or small children

I have a furry little feline. I did get the gel kind for under the appliances though! So far so good!

That last sentence made me laugh out loud! Sorry, OP. I hope you new place isn't too overrun with the bastards.

Boric Acid like the other person said. You can dust it by squeezing the bottle allowing a cloud of "dust" fall. They'll walk thru it and get it on them and they'll poison the others. Also, get a spray bottle and put dish soap and water in it and spray them on contact. Oddly enough, they die almost immediately. I live in an apartment and have had to struggle with pests before.

Insects seem to be a big problem in apartment complexes. I just moved into my first, and apparently we have a bit of a centipede issue. Luckily, most apartment buildings will bring an exterminator in for free, so definitely ask the manager about that. Also, try looking around online for some tips to keep them from coming back in. Many insects are repelled by peppermint oil, and you can sprinkle diatomaceous earth around the outside of your building to kill them. I don't know if it works on roaches, but it's worth looking into. Good luck!

"a centipede issue" is a terrifying string of words.

mrut92 17

Lol sorry to hear that op but all I can think of is the movie joes apartment....the roach waving saying hello joe!

No matter how hard you keep your own place clean, you can't control your filthy pig neighbors.

OP here. I've spoken to management and they're working on an exterminator, as the whole complex was bought out 3 weeks ago. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later, or I will have to burn it down! In the meantime my cat and I have shown no mercy.

spray raid on everything or run for your life. but I hope the bug problem gets better!