By marriedbutlonely - 15/02/2016 02:36 - United States - Federal Way

Today, after having my husband ask if I 'had any plans' for the weekend, and him mentioning that he got me something special, he played his PS4 for hours, ignored me, then finally took a break to hand me a tiny box of chocolates. I can't even be mad because he looked so proud. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 997
You deserved it 3 141

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lalaaa520 9

At least he was romantic for a couple minutes not like some of us forever alone!

Yes treat him like a 13 year old, Jesus. How about talking through it and acting like an adult.

Comments

Seems like double xp weekends are bad for gamers with girlfriends on Valentine's. Me on the other hand :D Guys with girls treat them right the double xp is for us single guys

Mattanatior 11

I really don't think anyone should really expect anything from their significant other on Valentines day. While it is sweet if they do celebrate, it shouldn't be a demanded thing. That would make the gesture less special.

It should be communicated whether they want to celebrate it or not and how. Some like bought gifts, some like homemade gifts, some just want a special night to spend time together. Op's husband made it seem like he had nice plans with op so she didn't make other plans, only for him to ignore her other than giving her a gift. He could've seen if she wanted to play, or just given her a gift and let her do something she'd enjoy rather than sit and be ignored.

The secret is to not expect much then even the little things seem much more special.

Well it was a dick move from him to ask her if she had anything planned and then say he had something for her. Only to ignore her and give her something relatively shitty. If you're going to be that cheap at least have the decency of not raising your SO's expectations.

leogachi 15

Yes you can be mad. He's your husband, not your child.

Maybe learn his hobbies too and you can play games together. Maybe if you're better than him he'll want to play less.

Or he'll just play even more trying to get better :P

Well its double weapons and double xp in multiplayer sorry op squad goals

I'm in 8th grade and I got my lady of a year a $30 bouquet of roses...

it's truly not about the gift, it's about spending time with your significant other and making the effort. I'm a gamer but if my wife doesn't want me to play because she wants quality time together then I don't.