Thanks for your concern

By nothealthy - 29/03/2016 04:51 - United States - Minneapolis

Today, my sister called after she found out I was hospitalized with surgery complications. Worried about me? Wondering if I'm okay? Nope. Just mad that I texted her an update rather than calling. I didn't call because I had surgery on my throat and can't speak. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 110
You deserved it 1 244

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hang up and tell her what is going on and that you can't talk.

Comments

Must've been a nasty ******* for you to need the surgery done :p

Your sister sounds like a selfish bitch. That is ridiculous. You should feel no shame about cutting her out of your life if you want to, or just limit contact.

You don't think cutting someone, especially family, out of your life for something as small as this isn't just a tad extreme? She was probably just worried and not thinking clearly. If not, siblings argue over stupid things all the time, it's normal. It doesn't mean she doesn't care or is a bad sister.

It seems small but really isn't. She wasn't concerned how her sister was, didn't care to ask what kind of surgery (or she would know why she didn't call), and decided to make the whole thing about herself when it was her sister who was sick. All red flags. People like this can make their families miserable. If this is part of a pattern, OP needs to know it's OK to tell her to buzz off.

That sucks. Your sister should be nicer to you.

Shay_Shay97 23

I think I just lost brain cells trying to figure out OP's sisters' logic.

I never get why some idiots click the "it's your own fault" button on posts like this?? It's quite obviously not the posters fault. No logic...

Funny you mention logic, but you can't even use it yourself to deduce the obvious fact that they're doing it to be dicks.

Call her and tap out morse code that you are okay...that should work... .. / .- -- / --- -.- .- -.-- / - .... . / -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. .. -.-. .- - .. --- -. ... / .-- . .-. . / .-. . ... --- .-.. ...- . -.. Tap and scratch that to her...