Lower your expectations

By AchievementUnlocked? - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my husband and I were talking about celebrities he finds attractive. All of these beautiful, talented, glamorous women were starting to make me feel very plain, so he attempted to console me by saying, "But I love you. You're attainable!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 731
You deserved it 6 637

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Llama_Face89 33

Step 1: open mouth. Step 2: insert foot. Step 3: move pillows to the couch..

Hey, I'm sure a bunch of all these beautiful celebrities are plainer than us regular folks. At least when it comes to personality.

Comments

This is why I'm glad Mrs. Bastard looks exactly like Scarlett Johansson. We don't ever need to have this type of conversation.

RedPillSucks 31

Yeah. I'm looking for a Lucy Liu lookalike, myself.

Maybe you should remind him that a divorce is also 'attainable'?

The poor guy probably didn't mean to offend her. He just realized that she was feeling a little self conscious and tried to make her feel better. Some guys just aren't good with words.

He realised immediately after, too, what an effect his word choice had and apologised... I just thought it was funny (though I was indignant) and never let him forget it.

42- I pray you don't actually think I was advocating divorce because a husband made a slightly off centre remark. If that were the case I would already have multiple ex-wives wouldn't I? But seeing as I only have a single ex-wife and 3 ex-husbands perhaps I was only joking? :)

He thinks female celebrities are beautiful, glamorous, and talented? Maybe back in the 1930's and 40's, when they weren't at least 20 lbs underweight, didn't have more plastic body parts than Barbie dolls, and their faces weren't frozen by botox, and they could actually sing, dance, and act, and didn't have at least one eating disorder.

How could you say that with beautiful women like Justin Bieber being among the celebrities of the 21st century?

RedPillSucks 31

Sad to think that Marilyn Monroe would be considered plus sized by today's standards.

I think this is a bit of an exaggeration. There are quite a few female celebrities who ARE beautiful, glamorous and talented. Also I think it's so unfair to assume that someone has an eating disorder just because they're thin.

This sounds like a no-win situation for your husband. Op: Honey, do you think she's attractive? What about her? And her? Husband: Yes they are pretty, I guess. Op: What? You don't love me at all, do you?!?! Husband: Uh...what? But I'm with you! I would never even meet those women! Op: So what you're saying is that if you did meet them, you would cheat on me with them, wouldn't you!? You hate me! You think I'm ugly and fat and are only with me cuz I'm here!! Husband: ......

Accurate summary! It gets stupid quickly... The only problem I'd have is the "I'd do her if I had a chance, but I never will so you're ok." ;-)

hellox3howlow 17

Most celebrities would be as attractive as the average person without their professional hair stylists, makeup artists, and nutritionists.

have you ever seen celebrities without makeup? they look like real people. I suggest googling celebs without makeup. there's nothing extraordinaire about them after that.

Your name is my favorite part about this FML. Hahaha.

Now make him listen to you talk about male celebrities you find attractive and say the same thing!

Yes, do that! Then, after you tell him how hot all those celebs are, ask him why he's not upset. He might answer "because you're here with me, talking with me, sitting on the couch with me" or "because I love you, every part of you"