Blasphemy

By IAMALITAHA - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United Kingdom - Newcastle Upon Tyne

Today, I had a job interview where I was interrupted for using the word creative because there is "only one creator". FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 252
You deserved it 4 595

Top comments

I personally wouldn't want to work somewhere where they have that attitude.

Tell him that the creator needs to be more creative when he "creates" his children then, because some people seem to have fallen far from the tree.

Comments

at least you found out they're nuts before you got hired there

I don't think it'll be too much of a loss if you don't get the job. The company is obviously intolerant of other religions.

To be fair, I don't think one interviewer's opinion means the whole company shares that exact opinion, but if they actually hired someone like that, I still wouldn't want to work there.

Only 1 creator? How can that be, what about all he other religions that were invented with different gods and stories? Where's the proof?

Well you see 16, those other religions are all clearly made up and fake, there is only one god/creator. /sarcasm

It's because in the future, once all the nonsense is over with, everyone will be atheists.

Well you probally wont be picked but judging from his remark maybe its a good thing you are not there

emily4040 18

This is the first time I've seen your comment with a thumb down!

Schizomaniac 24

This is the first time I've seen your comment!

Interrupted?? That's rude....I wouldn't want to work there if they're treating you like that in just the interview!

RusticChick 27

Sounds like you're being interviewed by my ex-boss... on the off chance that's the case, you would NOT want to work there anyways! HA! Better work will come around!

Your potential boss seems to misunderstand a very important biblical principle. Christians are called to cultivate spiritual fruits, not to be religious nuts.

Laurenlou 24

#27 The FML doesn't specify what religion OP's interviewer was speaking of. It could be any monotheistic religion. I do fully agree with you statement about Christianity though.You got that spot on.

You're right, I assumed the boss was Christian. Might be my own bias. I am Christian, and I have noted, that many of us do our God a disservice by talking more than we read/listen/understand.

Thank you, finally someone clears this up for the rest of us Christians. We are subject to the mentality that a few radicals who may be more or less informed believe slightly 'different' things than the actual church supports.

I agree, as a Christian myself this doesn't even make sense. We may believe there is one Creator, but that doesn't mean that people aren't creative. I can't stand when some nut-jobs make the rest of us look like idiots.

FroggerForReal 11

I think your interviewer miss understood but now you know where he stands