By Anonymous - 20/06/2014 19:21 - United States - Concord

Today, we went to the wedding of one of my friends. As she was about to throw her bouquet, my boyfriend muttered that if I tried to catch it, we'd be through. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 935
You deserved it 5 536

Same thing different taste

Comments

She should catch it then dump him. He sounds like a dick.

Your boyfriend is ridiculous! It doesn't mean you HAVE to be the next to marry. It's just a fun tradition. In my opinion, he's not worth it anyway.

Don't forget that it's also "tradition" for the lady that catches the bouquet to have the guy that catches the garter put it on her thigh. I once went to a wedding and the girlfriend of the garter catcher slapped her boyfriend, (in front of everyone!) when she felt he was disrespectful for going too high up the bouquet catcher's leg. They broke up that night.

I noticed not every wedding has that, though. Most of the weddings I went to just threw the bouquet, and that was it. If he is being rude for that reason, I can understand, but if it's just because he thinks you have to be the next to marry, he's just an asshole.

Ahh, you see, the problem here is that HE wanted to catch the bouquet. :P

That's just a fun tradition. Why is he taking it so seriously? Sorry about your boyfriend, OP .

Catch it and walk to the nearest single guy

Catch it and say that's what I was hoping for.

MAD01502 20

Don't judge too quickly... we don't know how long they've been together, or even if they want to get married. Marriage can go sideways fast... better to be patient than rush into things!

LuckBeNimble 19

true, but his comment was rude and unnecessary.

That still gives him no reason to ruin a tradition that is meant to be fun. Nowadays, it doesn't mean you absolutely have to wed. If he doesn't know that, he better catch up on times and learn how not to be an ass.