By hairstylistprobs - 23/06/2015 03:13 - United States

Today, I attended my best friend's wedding. Instead of throwing her bouquet, she turned around and handed it to me. I was the only single lady out of 150 guests. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 358
You deserved it 2 650

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dangerousreaper 13

You may be single, but at least you now have a free bouquet with none of the effort of wrestling over it

Well... at least you got the bouquet...

Comments

Well... at least you got the bouquet...

Dangerousreaper 13

You may be single, but at least you now have a free bouquet with none of the effort of wrestling over it

Correct me if I'm mistaken... It may be deferent where you are.. Up here is the garter belt that gets tossed to the guys.. Not the bride's panties... If I was getting married I can't say I'd like the thought of some guy I know having my now wife's underwear in his pocket...

21 that's what they've done at every wedding I've ever been to. I've never seen panties thrown before....

wantmeasandwich 26

Or...#3 was trying to joke. But I'm probably wrong.

That's hilarious! The thought of the bride taking her undies off where everyone can see, the groom throwing it to the groomsmen, all the groomsmen fighting for dirty panties, and then some guy pocketing them, just makes me laugh! So dirty, gross and funny at the same time. Lol.

So? Do not rush into getting married just because of that.

you are right. OP should look on the bright side, around 50% of marriages fail and a lot of the times it's because people rush into marriage. By the time of OP's wedding I predict that quite a few of these married women will be single again.

JohnTheDonJuan 11

#8 You must be a real hit at parties...

What, a healthy dose of reality too much for your body to take, 24?

JohnTheDonJuan 11

No, I can handle reality just fine. I just think that pointing out the 50% failure rate is a little disheartening to see on every wedding fml.

Assuming you meant only single lady and not only single person, and you're straight/bi, look on the bright side! At least that means you've got no competition when it comes to the cute guys!

Not much of a competition now is it Hey at least you got the bouquet! I'm sure your perfect match is right around the corner

marriage is a prison, don't follow her example

You have to say yes to get married going to prison is not something you choice to do.

Captain_Debilos - Just because you had an awful experience with marriage, doesn't mean everyone does. I've been married for well over a decade and it was the best decision I've ever made. It helps that Mrs. Bastard is the best person I've ever met. When done the right way, marriage can work out just fine.

At what point do you just give and realize that you'd probably die alone.

It's never to late to find someone. My aunt lost her husband a few years ago and is now living together with her new boyfriend. She almost 70

Every human being dies alone. And even elderly couples who stay partnered typically pass one at a time. To be alone is to be alive and life can only be what you make of it. There are far worse fates out there.

estroyer9 14