By Ecolo-girl - 11/03/2016 06:22 - France - Quint

Today, my wife, the budding environmentalist, who is also 6 months pregnant, threatened to leave me because according to her I'm responsible for the world's deforestation. I'd only drawn her a picture of her with our baby-to-be. FML
I agree, your life sucks 646
You deserved it 60

Top comments

It's her hormones OP. My advice is to acknowledge what she is saying and do not invalidate her emotions or things will just get worse. Think of the baby who is coming in just 3 months. In any case, I know it's hard for you too so here's one FML for ya from years back: "Today, my wife, who is four months pregnant, burst into tears while thinking about the armchair in our living room that we never use. According to her, we're stopping it from living out its destiny as an armchair. FML"

Comments

Invest in a digital drawing pad if you want to draw almost pollution free.

Anything with rare earth minerals and metals in it, is many times more polluting and energy wasting than using paper. Just look at surface mines, metal, battery and electronics manufacturing and the large amount of worldwide transportation involved in making a tablet device. I don't know if it has been done, but it would be interesting how many standard US Letter or DIN A4 pages equivalent you can make with the same environmental impact compared to a tablet computer. Especially considering that plant fiber is a renewable resource and can be obtained nearly carbon neutral if done properly.

Jar, I'll bet that you're one of those people that think that by driving a Prius you're saving the planet too.

This may not be the perfect compromise or solution, but it's actually not a terrible idea. It's pretty thoughtful, really. Maybe he should gift one to his wife since she does care about the environment so much. She could use it to help minimize her own carbon footprint- every bit counts, especially to her, it seems. After all, her pregnancy hormones- and her need to write down various tasks, errands, notes, etc- will only increase throughout the pregnancy and long after the birth of the baby. (Congrats, by the way!)

Pregnancy hormones are great! Wait until after the baby is born, when those crazy hormones leave you may be in for one hell of a roller coaster ride!! Good luck and congrats!

Show her how committed you are to the cause. A newborn baby will use between 3650 and 4380 disposable diapers in the first year alone. Let her know you'll be picking up plenty of cloth diapers for her.

I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic but cloth nappies are a drastically better option. They also seem to be practically indestructible as my mother used the same ones for my brother and me and 28 years later she's still using them for cleaning (after bleaching).

Half sarcasm. I plan on using cloth diapers when I have kids but most people are to lazy to deal with them.

Ha! My mom has turned our old cloth diapers into cleaning rags as well! Just goes to show how durable and useful they can be years later. :)

lol Damn pregnancy hormones. I was just as nutty when I was pregnant with my son. And those hormones are still lingering a bit, 9 months later!

Plant a tree with her and buy her a cookie. Pregnancy.

juturnaamo 29

Good news! Most paper comes from tree farms, which means more land is dedicated to trees because you buy paper!

Plot twist: OP's drawing sucked and was composed of stick figures drawn with crayon

I guess your baby can kiss coloring goodbye when he/she is older...

Maybe she'd prefer a digital version ?