By bridget1989 - 11/03/2016 10:03 - United Kingdom - Swadlincote

Today, my boyfriend told me on the phone that he thought we were too poor for value-pack bacon. When I got home, I found he had gone to work leaving two lights and the TV on, and that the shower was running. He said, "Turning things on and off takes too much time! Who cares about money?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 161
You deserved it 2 080

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, I am surprised he would put turning off lights before bacon. I mean, come on! BACON!

GloUp_fml 18

Money talks, but I guess your boyfriend wants it to say goodbye

Comments

Starshrek 11

Wow, I am surprised he would put turning off lights before bacon. I mean, come on! BACON!

Tell him that maybe you wouldn't be as poor and you could afford more stuff if he took the minute it takes to turn off all those. Hypocrites are annoying.

doesn't even take a minute to turn those things off. I am blown away. Leaving a light on is one thing, BUT THE SHOWER? That is so wastefull, I can't even.

Exactly. I understand leaving the light on, even the tv for security reasons, but the shower?!? That doesn't even make sense.

After reading this through again, I think your husband was trying to prove a point and was being sarcastic when he said "who cares about money." I think he was upset about the bacon thing (and possibly op's spending habits) and decided he'd try and prove his point by leaving the lights, tv, and shower on, knowing you'd come home to find the house like that. It's really the only semi-logical explanation as I have a hard time believing anyone is that dumb to leave the shower on while they're not home.

GloUp_fml 18

Money talks, but I guess your boyfriend wants it to say goodbye

TeacherTeacher 11

I am pretty sure I would sit in the dark if the light bill was keeping me from bacon.

Wise move on your boyfriend's behalf............he thinks like a true genius!

mads_nicole 19

Who needs lights when you can have bacon?