By hellphone_fml - 22/11/2018 03:00

Today, my brother's new kitten decided to bring me a gift as a sign of love. It was my pet hamster. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 902
You deserved it 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How did the kitten get at the hamster? I've managed to keep mine separate for almost two years, and that includes taking my hamster out of his cage so he can exercise while I clean it.

“Look, I’m THE pet in this house and I will not tolerate competition. Are we clear here?”

Comments

How did the kitten get at the hamster? I've managed to keep mine separate for almost two years, and that includes taking my hamster out of his cage so he can exercise while I clean it.

Cage must have been left open, or the hamster was on a realllllly high desk to knock the cage off and open

bl3ur0z3 17

My sister's cats were always pawing at my other sister's mouse's cage no matter how hard we tried to keep them away. I remember the mice being in the bathroom and kicking the cats aside as I closed the door. 5 minutes later, the door was open and both cats were on the counter, paws at the top of the cage, trying to figure out how to get in. Cats are ninjas.

No, you're just a really shitty pet-owner unable to control your pets. Did you know that cats, with discipline, will actually listen to you? No? They do whatever? Then you're a shitty pet-owner

Cats learn better with positive reinforcement.

Cats can listen if they want. But generally, they do whatever they please. -owner of 4 cats

“Look, I’m THE pet in this house and I will not tolerate competition. Are we clear here?”

bl3ur0z3 17

You are the cat's new human. He has stolen a prize and gifted it to you because he loves you the most. Equal devotion is expected in return.

cptncuttlefish 24

And you didn’t keep an eye on the cage knowing there was an untrained animal in the house because...?

Because it's unrealistic to stare down every animal all hours and seconds of the day?

Some more detail, I had just gotten back home after being away for a while. My brother was in charge of taking car of both my hamsters and apparently while I was gone he broke one of the cages and "fixed it". I did not know that or else I wouldn't have let the kitten in my room. Normally the cats just sit and watch the hamsters run on their wheel since the cage is secure. Either the cat was able to reach into the cage through the broken spot or the hamster got out. Either way it's a terrible accident.

"Dear brother, you owe me one hamster, and a butt-load of therapy. Signed, 'hellphone_fml'."

Jorn van der Ar 13

Your cat doesn't love you because its brain is not siphisticated enough to process such high level emotions. It brought you your hamster (which by the way you would have isolated from the cat if you were using your sophisticated brain properly) as a sign of subordination.

Cats can 100% feel love. Any cat owner can prove it.

um how dare you be ungrateful for a present sent with love!!

He was real offended when I wouldn't stop crying to play with him

fde2blknimout 18

Probably to let you know that you don’t know how to secure the cage properly. Get a plant.