By Anonymous - 30/03/2012 07:45 - Australia - Perth

Today, I woke up to what sounded like twigs snapping. Turns out it was the skull of a live mouse being crushed in my cat's jaws. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 257
You deserved it 2 742

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Huh seems like Tom finally caught Jerry :)

RedPillSucks 31

She brings you presents and all you do is complain.

Comments

hateevryone 14

Ewwww what a sickening sound.

kiraleann 16

It's even worse when the cat makes eye contact with you while crunching the poor mouse.

Nope but I have cats. Obviously if they catch and eat more mice than meow mix it tastes better

BradTheBrony 19

Hey, if I were a cat, I'd probably just catch 'em for the challenge. But yeah, they probably would taste better to a cat, considering one is meat, GLORIOUS MEAT! (angelic chorus) And the other is dried factory barf. (wha wha whaaaa)

Birdie_Sage 0

That's an animal even I have to stay away from!

flashback.miss 28

Bone soup, anyone? I kid, I kid, but *shudder*

TheyCallMeDamien 17

my cat sits on top of the fridge as she awaits her prey. what i never understood is why cats (every cat i have ever had) will play with them (torture them) for a long time before actually killing them. so many times i have saved mice from being murdered. has anyone ever tried to get a mouse away from their cat? my cat turns evil, starts growling and moving around all weird.

Nope. My old cat just clawed the shit out of it.

Cleanly killing their prey is a learned skill that is normally taught to growing kittens. Typically, this is done by a neck bite crushing the spine or throat (depending on the size of the predator and the prey). Adult cats who play with their prey ("torture it") are usually just playing. If it dies and smells good, they may also eat it, but they are not practiced at killing quickly and cleanly. My (now elderly) cat brought me a squirrel once. Laid it out on the doormat with just a clean neck bite.