By Anonymous - 13/01/2013 18:25 - United States - Unionville

Today, the girl of my dreams asked me if I wanted to go biking with her. "Just the two of us," she said. I had to turn her down because I'm 17 years old and never learned how to ride a bike. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 064
You deserved it 38 577

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You could ask her to teach you, that way you'd spend much more time together.

You should feel even worse because "come biking with me" clearly meant "come **** my brains out, big boy." Learn to read between the lines, son.

Comments

You could ask her to teach you, that way you'd spend much more time together.

Or he could sit on the handlebars while she rides around.

perdix 29

#1, yeah, girls love teaching things to guys without skills. Perhaps, you can ask her to teach you how to wipe yourself properly.

I lived in hills. I never learned to ride a bike. (There was very little non-hill where I grew up. We even got our back yard flattened at one point.) Ask her to teach you, would probably strengthen the relationship more than if you already knew how and agreed to go.

perdix 29

#50, you mean it's not side-to-side? No wonder I've never had a date . . . or a friend . . . or a pet.

perdix 29

#56, what is this underwear you speak of? Signed, The Lone Commando

idk how to give someone a thumbs up, so thumbs up!

It's quite a mystery how to thumb somebody up isn't it? I guess the thumbs under the comment are just there for looks.

jajaflan 4

#67 she meant white underwear like you shit yourself so its never white.

osbourne_fml 11

I agree you shouldn't have said no but hopefully you'll get another chance I wish I had gotten one

it's not even too late to go tell her that either, go man while there is still hope!

#44 I went ice skating with a guy who didn't know how but he tried because I asked him to go (not knowing he didn't know how) He was clumsy and fell but it was a cute gesture and I wound up helping him and it was a really fun day. So you're wrong, some girls think that kind of thing is cute, and OP's crush might have been one of them.

Exactly... Just say my parents never taught me... Do you mind if you happen to be the one to teach me?

And when he falls she can kiss his boo boos

X_Codes 11

@128 - I'm a guy and haven't had that kind of experience, but I do think it'd be fun to introduce someone to something they've never done before, romantic intentions or no. @OP - It looks to me like this was a very thinly veiled excuse for the two of you to spend some time together. Go back, RIGHT NOW, and ask her to teach you. If she makes some kinda comment on your inability to take a hint, ask her to teach you that, too.

tjv3 10

Learn to ride. Tell her that u don't know how and then see if she will help. It would be fun and it would be a bonding experience

I taught my bf to ride a bike when he was 21, it was a really embarrassing knowledge gap for him.

Better learn soon unless you want to end up like Fraiser.

I GET IT!!!! But Niles was the one who couldnt i thought.

diving_fml 30

better get some training wheels if you want to be with her

Vash_41288 10

I saw a post somewhere that said if you take the pedals off and lower seat down so that your feet touch the ground and stroll around until you find your balance then put pedals on will help you learn fast.

I learned to ride in a day using a similar technique.

Tell her your face can double for her bike seat any time.

Aww, your parents never taught you to ride a bike? :( Learn that, then you'll get a fast track to riding something else. ;)

OOPS. I didn't mean to post as a reply. App's screwing about with me. And it doesn't say he's straight, he could be bi, but I actually meant like he'd be riding her. Sorry.

nycwrestler 17

25- the fact that it's a male talking about the girl of his dreams leads me to believe he is in fact a straight male.

IworkAt711 14

34- Im a Bisexual male, and I could still have a girl of my dreams.

nycwrestler 17

Well there is this crude thing that lurks in my parent's pantry called a strap on...

It's what is termed as "bisexual erasure". A man whose dating another man is assumed to be gay. A man whose dating a girl is assumed to be straight. It's more complicated then that, but that is basically the most common manifestation of it.

76, they keep it in the pantry? Like next to the sack of potatoes? I hope they wash it. Frequently.

I'm sorry, but I feel bad for you because your parents have failed you... Ask her to teach you. You have nothing to lose at this point.

Lichinamo 33

Parents don't 'fail' if their kids don't learn how to ride a bike. When I was a kid and learning to ride, I messed up and landed face first on gravel. I never wanted to learn after that, so maybe OP had something bad to him happen when learning and want to stop. OP, I hope you don't lose your chance!

I never learned how to ride a bike. Frankly didnt see a point to it when skateboarding seemed cooler. I certainly dont think my parents failed me.

Well maybe your parents failed you for letting you fall. Also, people don't ride bikes or skateboard because they are cool. Most people do it because they enjoy it.

My boyfriend has always ridden a skateboard and has never learned to ride a bike. There's no shame in not knowing or not teaching your kid something.

It was a given to teach your child how to ride a bike where I grew up. At 23, I still don't have a friend that has not taught their child how to ride a bike... Just differences I suppose

46- When you are young and you are given a choice of which to use; skateboard, blades or bike, you will probably choose the one you think is the coolest, then once you have a go you might then find it fun and wish to carry on or you might hate it and wish to stop. So you choose by what you think is cool but develop your skills if it is fun.

Why so many negatives? Makes perfect sense.

Or like the vast majority if people I know who learn to use all three despite being better at one or the other

titibug823 11

Ask her to teach you! Honestly, she might find it kinda cute, teaching you to ride it!

Hopefully she isn't the high school bike, and your the last to be offered a ride.

You should feel even worse because "come biking with me" clearly meant "come **** my brains out, big boy." Learn to read between the lines, son.

Sir_ND_Pity 35

OP should have realized that she wanted him to be the bike she was going to ride

Just tell her that you never learned, and let her teach you. It could be a bonding experience.

soad2014 7

Better if you learn now than never