By khannnn - 20/03/2016 18:25 - United States

Today, looking to hire new tech support members, but due to not looking over any resumés, my ex-wife is now one of our potential candidates. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 066
You deserved it 7 476

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flyingflies 36

This is so ambiguous. Was it your job to sort the people applying for the job and you chose at random?

Maybe at least look at the name just in case your high school bully is the next new employee.

Comments

I mean, if you are the one hiring, just deny her for another reason.

As long as he doesn't state that as the reason he might be ok. This fml is really confusingly worded though. I'm not sure what it means

#10 Well, okay in this sense would be relative. He's probably not ALLOWED to, but he wouldn't get in trouble if he put another reason and didn't mention this.

Yes that's what I was meaning in my post - you managed to explain it a bit better than me though!

"That candidate didnt seem like a good fit for this company." Can't go wrong with that one.

andrmac 25

You could always say the actual reason and say it would be a conflict of interest to hire her.

KayleeFrye 39

And you didn't look over resumes...why?

It's difficult to tell with the wording, but maybe OP meant that they were not the person in charge of looking over resumés? And someone else chose her? However, if OP has a management position, most companies would probably deny her a job because of conflicts in interests.

flyingflies 36

This is so ambiguous. Was it your job to sort the people applying for the job and you chose at random?

I'm presuming that they work by looking exclusively at peoples qualifications/achievements so that they can't be biased.

flyingflies 36

Did someone edit the FML or did I miss the "due to"? It makes more sense now. YDI, OP.

Maybe at least look at the name just in case your high school bully is the next new employee.

Well you could hire that jack ass, just so they can get used to having a paycheck and spending on bullshit, just to yank it away from them the second they **** up at work.

ulissey_fml 22

why didn't you look through the resumes?

How did this one get through moderation? This is one of the most poorly worded FMLs I've ever seen. Who is hiring? Why aren't they looking at resumes? If you aren't doing the hiring, how is someone else supposed to know who your ex-wife is, unless you were at the company the same time as your divorce? My brain hurts with this one.

Based on the wording, the ex-wife is looking for new employees and didn't look over the resumés. And she is 'their' potential candidate. Sounds like she is a bad recruiter, potentially getting a recruiter job.

You should've looked over the résumés...

steve02134 7

If it's an "at will" state, not liking a person is a good enough reason to not hire someone - or to fire that person after hiring.