Slashing Prices Left and Right!

By Charity - 20/03/2017 17:00 - United States

Today, I tutored a kid for two hours, for $25 an hour. When it came time for them to pay, my mother told the kid's parents that they could give me ten bucks for the whole thing. She does this a lot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 140
You deserved it 767

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It happens because you let it. Tell them the kid won't be tortured until balance is paid in full

Comments

You deserve it. If she's done it a few times you learn from it. Get the money beforehand or simply drop the family.

It's not the kid's mom who's at fault. It's OP's mom.

Um... I don't think you know what that means.

hes the victim not getting the money owed to him and your saying its his fault your blaming the victim. sure the word has sexual harassment ingrained too much into it. but thats essentially what your doing.

KrazyKatz3 26

I thought that the first time I read it but it's actually the OP's mum saying it. Bet they wish they could drop that family though

It happens because you let it. Tell them the kid won't be tortured until balance is paid in full

Don't let your parent bully you out of money. If you need to tutor at the library or at the parents house do what you need to do. I say this as a parent. Also, before you do that, ask your parent in a calm manner why they don't want you to learn how to make and handle your own money and why they undermine your entrepreneurial spirit and devalue your hard work. If you've mastered a subject well enough to tutor it you deserve to get paid what you're asking if the parents of the child agree to it. There needs to be open communication with your parent. Maybe they are mentally unhealthy, if that is the case and it turns into a fight then just tutor elsewhere and put your money in a student account at the bank that they don't know about.

YDI because you LET this happen a lot. Correct her and tell her that isn't enough, or stop tutoring them.

I would definitely put my foot down and have a talk with her. Tell her you had an agreement with the parents. Tell her it's important you earn money for whatever your reason is- probably saving for college. And tell her you'd appreciate her not interfering anymore.

Time to start tutoring outside the house. Try going to the kids house or meeting at a library.

Time to start tutoring outside the house. Try going to the kids house or meeting at a library.

samomaha 17

Correct your mother immediately the next time she does this. "I'm sorry, the price is as we agreed, $50 for the two hours at the correct price of $25 per hour."

It's your mom that needs tutoring. You need to give her the remedial course in "Shut The **** Up!"