By Anonymous - 01/11/2018 15:30

Today, I woke up in a puddle of blood after 7 hours of sleep. Before going to bed, I had inserted a tampon that should've kept me dry for at least 8 hours. Apparently it doesn't work well if sleepy me forgets to take the top part of the plastic wrapping off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 443
You deserved it 1 231

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How did you not *feel* that?! I mean, the dry scrape of a fresh tampon isn't exactly comfortable either, but the plastic... owie.

It's perfectly fine to sleep with a Tampon in, as long as it's replaced or removed after waking up.

Comments

How did you not *feel* that?! I mean, the dry scrape of a fresh tampon isn't exactly comfortable either, but the plastic... owie.

tounces7 27

I mean, so far as I'm aware, lots of women put other types of plastic objects inside themselves, so not sure it would be dramatically different....

Sorry, can’t relate. On to the next FML.

“I walk up in a pool of blood” That’s some nightmare on elm street shit right there...

Last time I checked, plastic isn't very absorbent. So of course it doesn't work well.

wysegirl 24

You shouldn't be sleeping with one in.. are you trying to hurt yourself? sucks but you put it on yourself.

It's perfectly fine to sleep with a Tampon in, as long as it's replaced or removed after waking up.

They're right actually actually, tampons should be changed every four hours and you should be using pads overnight to reduce the risk of toxic shock syndrome.

julfunky 29

It’s actually every 4 to 8 hours.

I also don't just rely on Tampons. I use them overnight only for the first two days which are generally the worst for me--but also wear a pad as well just in case.

ViviMage 38

You waterproofed your tampon! WHY? Well, now you know how to protect your phone if you ever get drunk!

I don't bleed when I sleep. it pauses for me

jellenwood 35

It’s like that for me too. Much, much less.

sherbear86 21

Yep, same here. The only plus to having an (apparently) tilted uterus. But then when you first get out of bed in the morning? It's a speed waddle to the bathroom before everything that pooled overnight goes full Niagara Falls on you.

I have a tilted uterus? lol is that what it is? interesting

I feel like it’s a little bit a gravity thing. Not much overnight, because you’re horizontal, but once you get up it...

sherbear86 21

You’re not supposed to keep a tampon in longer than 4 hours. It can be very dangerous and lead to toxic shock.

Tampons can be worn up to 8 hours. Changed every 4 to 8. You increase your risk or TSS if you wear it longer than 8.

Did you insert it in the right opening??