By acmariner99 - 17/11/2018 18:35 - United States - Indianapolis

Today, while enjoying a lovely 80 degree day, I returned from a 2-hour bike ride to find my truck window smashed. The only thing taken was my change of clothes. My insurance company says it'll cost $1000 to replace the window. I feel like I got robbed twice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 295
You deserved it 217

acmariner99 tells us more.

OP here. Yeah, 1k is what the insurance company told me. I knew it was a ripoff and found a local repair shop to fix the window for ... much less than that. I am not sure what the thieves saw in a bag of grubby shorts and a t-shirt, but that’s what they took. And why the f am listed as being in Indianapolis, I live nowhere near there. LOL.

Top comments

phantom4421 5

if it really was just a smashed window, just call a local glass company and have them put in a new one. you dont have to use your insurance.

TxKitten79 10

Don't go through insurance, you can get it fixed way cheaper directly through a repair center. Your deductible is probably $1,000, which means they wont pay for anything until you have spent $1,000.

Comments

glad you got it figured out OP. I was also going to suggest next time even contacting a junk yard around you. You could pick one up there and just install it yourself if need be.

I guess there's a terminator loose in Indianapolis.

Jorn van der Ar 13

You got your refund so where's the problem?

Oops, I dropped my phone and grabbed it and had the message “comment reported”. I don’t even know what comment was reported. It was an accident. So sorry.