By WipeYaBooty - 04/11/2017 15:00 - United States - Franklin

Today, I woke up with chest pain. It hurt just to breathe, but my parents made me go to school anyway. We're now sitting in the emergency room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 699
You deserved it 268

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Whatever it is, it's not life threatening, or you wouldn't be still sitting in the waiting area posting FMLs.

Oh no, I hope that you're ok, OP! It might be a lung wall infection, or something....I've had those before, they're not very nice :( But luckily, they're not serious....I just hope that what you have is something minor and something that can be dealt with. Crossing my fingers for you, OP!

0missnatashia0 2

I know the feeling. I've gotten in trouble at work for changing shifts. I can barely breathe without a sharp pain in my chest.

Well honestly if I was your parents and you told me you had "Chest pains" on a day you likely had to serve detention I won't believe you either. You posted this on a Saturday and you're in the US. There isn't a regularity school day on Saturdays. The only time you would be in school on a Saturday is if you got in trouble and had to serve detention. suck about the hospital though

You do know fmls have to go through a moderation process before being posted right? So this could've occurred on a weekday.

FMLs take time to be moderated. One I posted to the site took a week to show up.

If someone is willing to ignore their kid possibly having a heart attack or pneumonia because they think they're trying to get out of detention- if that were even the case- they don't need to be a parent, and quite frankly need a firm kick to the rear. You know what a half decent parent would do in that scenario? Call the school, reschedule the detention, and take their kid to the damn ER. And if there wasn't something physical going on, that should be an indication that something is either going on specifically during detention, or that there is quite possibly something going on with the kid on a psychiatric level. Parents- and people who work with kids in general- should actually look for potential causes of "problem" behavior instead of immediately concluding that every kid is doing it for amusement.