By boopingsnoot - 08/08/2018 18:54

Today, I was entertaining my 12-year-old cousin in the yard when two of my cats chased down and killed a baby bunny right in front of us. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 871
You deserved it 563

boopingsnoot tells us more.

boopingsnoot 24

So, the second half of the story: Cousin got the bunny away from the cats before it was completely dead, and when I couldnโ€™t fix her โ€œnew petโ€ she wanted to sit and watch it die. And take it to another relativeโ€™s house and bury it in *their* yard. Took a while to convince her to leave it in a โ€œsafe placeโ€ (bushes where my cats like to hang out, so they could finish the job). Hey, saves me money on cat food.

Top comments

Mungolikecandy 19

When you live with serial killers you have to expect the odd victim.

Mathalamus 24

People of any age generally don't see anything killed right in front of them. It's not an indication of a sheltered upbringing.

Comments

Your cousin has probably seen worse. There are all sorts of things on nature documentaries. And what kind of 12-year-old hasn't tried to watch a horror movie by that age?

true but they won't necessarily have seen it in real life, seen the aftermath, dealt with the smell and sound etc.

Not to mention, the distinct differences between wild animals hunting for food and domestic animals hunting for sport. Housecats play with their prey - not food because they donโ€™t usually have any intention of eating their prey. Watching a lioness take down a gazelle is nothing like watching a housecat slowly kill a mouse or bird.

This is an FML? Be happy you have cats that are actually motivated to hunt. That kid has been too sheltered if a baby bunny being killed is too violent for them.

Mathalamus 24

People of any age generally don't see anything killed right in front of them. It's not an indication of a sheltered upbringing.

...And even if they have, nothing really prepares you for a housecat โ€œhuntingโ€. You ever see a housecat kill a mouse? Itโ€™s horrific. The mouse basically screams for help while the housecat slowly tortures it to death.

I guess the cats wanted to entertain your cousin too.

Mungolikecandy 19

When you live with serial killers you have to expect the odd victim.

FML_high_school_kms 2

I love this ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

bluhbluhbluh 14

Well... mission accomplished. That's perhaps TOO entertaining.

I think this is more of an fml to the poor baby bunny. May that bunny Rest In Peace.

Well your cats aren't very good hunters they should be going for bigger bunnies ๐Ÿ˜‹

And one of your cats got up on its hind legs and screamed โ€œAre you not entertained?โ€