By Bad footwear choice - 08/08/2018 19:30 - Canada - Whitby

Today, both my flip flops broke when I left the pool. Since I was getting on the bus soon, I didn't think it was a big deal, but when it came the driver said that I couldn't get on without shoes and drove off. I walked barefoot for over an hour downtown to get home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 033
You deserved it 360

Top comments

You couldn't have walked to the nearest store to buy another cheap pair of flip flops and taken the next bus?

If you check the bus rules it is probable that being barefoot isn't against the rules.

Comments

If you check the bus rules it is probable that being barefoot isn't against the rules.

I got on the bus once with just my socks and leg braces on (my shoes had slipped off and I dint have time to put them back on before the bus arrived.)

A lot of places assume that is a rule that they have but when they check the rules, it is not there.

You couldn't have walked to the nearest store to buy another cheap pair of flip flops and taken the next bus?

julfunky 29

We don’t have enough details. I don’t know about Ontario’s labour laws, but I know it is a pain in the ass to hire anyone under the age of 16 in my neck of the Canadian woods. If OP is young and his/her parents are anything like mine, he/she might have only had enough money for the pool and the bus.

thats when you step on show him the sandals and say shut up and ******* bitch

Of course you have to wear shoes on the bus. They’re crawling with toe-sucking bums!

Celestyna 16

This is why flip flops are meant to be for the beach and the shower, not to wear casually and have everyone being forced to stare at your ugly monkey feet. Feet should be covered in public, feet are feral. Serves you right.

It’s your fault for staring at people’s feet. No one HAS to look down at them. And why should people give up comfort for what other people think?

Isn't that where Draculas castle is? Good thing he doesn't have a foot fetish.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

That's why you don't go with just flipflops. Especially not to the public pool...

Broken flip flops can usually still be half warm.

And this is why flip flops suck. Wear Crocs or water shoes, always.