By Sarah grace - 30/10/2017 01:30

Today, I challenged my husband to look after our twins by himself all day, like I normally do. When I got home, both babies had on clean nappies and clothes, dinner was cooked, the house was spotless, and 3 loads of washing were done. Smug bastard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 560
You deserved it 7 906

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Gee, I'm sorry to hear that. Still, it's not to late to dump him and find the incompetent deadbeat of your dreams.

julfunky 29

To be fair, having to do that for one day is doable. Having to do it constantly is exhausting.

Comments

This is what happens when you "challenge" him with that sexist attitude towards dads.

How is this in any way sexist towards her husband? Sounds like he doesn't do shit on every normal day. If anything in this story is sexist than it's him not doing stuff on an every day basis although he can easily do it, but dropping everything on his wife.

BeardedLondoner 24

No, it doesn't sound like that. You've just assumed that because you're a bitter, piece of shit.

It's the fact she has to "challenge" him in the first place.

Or maybe he thinks there's nothing to taking care of two kids and take care of everything else in the house, so she challenged him to do it, and he did well. It's like the joke where a man comes home to find his home in utter chaos, kids running around, the dog and cats running around, and his wife calmly reading in bed. He asked what happened, and she says, "You know how you ask me every day what I did? Well, today I didn't do it." He did it one day. Let's see him do it for a week.

Here comes the big applause and appreciation for a man doing his job for one day. Wow! *slow clap* So now that he's shown that he is totally capable of helping, he can go on with doing nothing everyday, right?

BeardedLondoner 24

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

She looks after them all day every day by herself, so I'm assuming the entire family is living off the paycheck he earns. Make sure to give him zero credit because he's a man though

jofukurself 8

This comment is even more sexist than the OP's sad excuse of an FML...

Not that hard. I had 10-14 hours day in the Army. I still also did the vacuuming, sweeping, moping, dishes, cleaning the kitchen, and the bathrooms. All my exwife had to was cook dinner. Granted it was different in that we had no kids and my wife slept till noon then played video games all day. And she still complained that I should cook more.

If you they clothes on what are nappies? And damn. You suck at what comes natural. Jk i know its hard

And you're complaining? Most guys don't even wanna change a dirty diaper!

Now tell him to keep doing all that every day for a month and see how often he manages to pull it off to this degree. Chances are, not many.

I bet his mom came over and helped! J/K One day is a piece of cake especially when you’re challenged. Everyday can be difficult!

Lobby_Bee 17

Doesn't sound like a hard fast to achieve, but doing it everyday can be very different. Repetitive tasks can be energy draining.

EnvyMe33 26

Your husbands mom must live near by