Throw the bill at the kid. Do it.

By Deadmeat - 12/09/2017 04:29

Today, I was really excited that I'd made it the two weeks I'd borrowed my mother-in-law's new car without putting a scratch on it. I got off work to discover a customer's child throwing rocks in the parking lot. They cracked the windshield. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 032
You deserved it 265

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You did do a great job! What happened wasn't your fault. But if you did nothing about it then it will be. I sure hope you pulled the mother aside and called the police. The mother is responsible for the damages. Stay on the phone with the operator so you are able to identify her vehicle and plates if she tries to stay awaym. Obviously the event is done, but you are always allowed to call the police of there's destruction of personal property.

Make the brat's parents pay for it. They need to take responsibility for their mistakes.

Comments

You did do a great job! What happened wasn't your fault. But if you did nothing about it then it will be. I sure hope you pulled the mother aside and called the police. The mother is responsible for the damages. Stay on the phone with the operator so you are able to identify her vehicle and plates if she tries to stay awaym. Obviously the event is done, but you are always allowed to call the police of there's destruction of personal property.

*She tries to get away. Please bring back editing. Mobile makes the text box so small and impossible to navigate. Please excuse my errors!

Make the brat's parents pay for it. They need to take responsibility for their mistakes.

You sure the kid wasn't paid to do that?

"The customer's always right" only applies inside the store. In the parking lot, the customer is a shit parent who is financially responsible for the damage caused by their brats.

"The customer is always right" doesn't apply anywhere. Your expired coupon can't magically become unexpired because you're a customer. People that believe in that antiquated idea are the rude customers that make any customer service job hell. They forget we're people just like you, not robots created to serve to your every demand.

You get excited about not damaging a car for two weeks? Are you sure you should be driving?

ashily24 12

I don't think they're a bad driver. They're just happy that they didn't damage the car whatsoever because it belonged to someone else.

Lobby_Bee 17

How hard is it to teach your child not to damage other people's property? A simple no and a smack to their face is all that's needed.

ohsnapword 21

Didn't you hear? Disciplining your child is child abuse now.

I want to know how OP handled it. Hopefully parents paid

What's happen to the car wasn't you fault get the parents info and make them pay for any damage that was cause to the car. If your mother in law gets mad at you then then she one of those mother in laws from hell

It's not your fault some brat was throwing rocks at your MIL's car. And you should report to the police that you saw a child throwing rocks at the car and damaging it. (Hopefully you know which customer it was so they can be held liable.)

Mozelle123 10

I would have made the parents pay for the damages