Embarrassing.

By DanielleinDC - 27/10/2017 04:53 - United States - Washington

Today, I slipped and fell while shopping at a local grocery store. I slipped and fell in the same store last week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 036
You deserved it 758

DanielleinDC tells us more.

To add context: You enter through a street-level foyer of sorts, and you can take an elevator or the stairs to get to the shopping area. So the first time, I slipped on some water at the top of those stairs. The second time, I was walking through the produce section and slipped on a grape on the floor. I gotta say, I'm a bit surprised and pleased to finally have one published. And, no, I wasn't hurt; I was just a bit shaken up. In fact, when I slipped and fell the second time, I thought, not again! And one reason I keep going is it's a five-minute walk from my apartment.

Top comments

I’m sure you could get your grocery shopping trips sponsored by a local personal injury lawyer.

Try a different pair of shoes next time you go.

Comments

They should really clean up that pile of banana peels.

You need to file incident reports, especially if you've been hurt in either fall. Even more so if you have medical insurance- if they hear you were hurt on a businesses property, they can refuse to cover expenses for the injury and any suspected to be related until you have. Businesses have to have insurance coverage for this sort of thing (at least in the USA) which health insurance companies know, so they usually don't cooperate until you give them the info to go after the businesses insurance policy.

OP here: I'm glad this got published. As I said in a comment below, the store is practically next to my apartment building, so it's convenient for me. You use an elevator or set of stairs to get to the grocery area from an entry area. So the first time, I slipped on water that had spilled from a floral display at the top of the stairs (I take stairs instead of an elevator when I can). The second time, I slipped on a grape that had fallen on the floor in the produce area; my first thought was, "Not again!" I wasn't injured, just a bit shaken up and sort of achy. I also don't think they realized the problem, as in both cases, it was inadvertent. So no personal injury lawyer.

Honestly they should have grapes on the same level as banana peels. Friggin slippery little devils!

Well what did you expect to happen when you ignore the "Wet Floor" signs?

They need to give you a special cart with caution tape around it so people know to pay attention to you. Or you could just pay someone to do your shopping for you.

No, the first time was near the entrance and the second time was in the produce department. The only way it could have been better is if I had slipped in the same place both times.