By Noname - 16/03/2009 04:05 - United States

Today, I was rejected from the University of Washington. My dad has been a professor there for 30 years, and is on the board of admissions. FML
I agree, your life sucks 439 347
You deserved it 103 619

Same thing different taste

Top comments

vonstrangle 0

That must be equally embarrassing for him.

Obviously you assumed you could just get in because your daddy works there and probably didn't try to do well in high school. Your loss.

Comments

vonstrangle 0

That must be equally embarrassing for him.

xhoodoox 0

Think he could get me in for grad school?

I agree with #1...OP YDI for thinking u could get in just cuz ur daddy works there

Thabb 0

Woohoo, another spoiled brat who thinks just because their parents were successful they'll be too!

Firestar1202 0

just becuase youre dad works there doesnt mean you deserve to go there, if youre not qualified, you should be rejected, he did the right thing.

im from massachusetts and i got accepted there

WishIwasCreative 0
TheBitchOfChuckN 7

YDI for putting this as an FML. It would've been fine without the dad part though. Just because he's high up on the food chain doesn't mean you should expect a free ride through.

I'm with 1 on this. so much. It's NOT like he's entitled to let you in just because you're his daughter!

thatghostdude 9

#199 she isn't unreasonable for thinking that, my grandpa is getting brother into boden in one phone call.

GO HUSKIES Were going to win the apple cup and your dad is AWESOME I Iive in Seattle near udub

Maybe your dad hates nepotism, or doesnt want anyone at his work to think that he would take part in nepotism. In any case I'm sure you will get in somewhere, and all your dreams will come true.

Max24KB 0

"and all your dreams will come true" lmfao are you ****** walt disney bro?

Ever stop to think OP might just be a shitty student whose only chance of getting into a good university is nepotism?

Ever stop to think the dude was being sarcastic, guys?

Nigga you high op is obviously a shitty student

well, considering the fact that it's a board decision, i don't think this one is really f***ed.

omgcookeys 15

well she can't expect her dad to let her in just because they're related...

if theres enough money trading hands then sadly it does work that way...

lolmonster34 0

Well you know your stupid when your dad doesn't think you should get into a university he works at

What, you expect special treatment because your dad is on the board of directors? With that attitude I'm guessing it's just as well you didn't get in or you'd be running to him like a child every time another professor reprimanded you. Idiot.

yeah i totally think that's the reason you didn't get in...cuz of your dad....

liketoknow 0

you must be really stupid then... Now a story I would go share around...later retard

If you're going to call someone a retard, can you at least spell correctly?

Aw, that's too bad. I hear UW's been rejecting a lot of applicants, though, since they get so many every quarter. Western Washington University is a great school, might try applying there. www.wwu.edu

Kayaker96 3

As someone applying to UW, this is the last thing I wanted to hear.

Obviously you assumed you could just get in because your daddy works there and probably didn't try to do well in high school. Your loss.

You can't just assume that, it just makes it bad

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Obviously OP is not a scholar if she didn't get into college..