By crossl17 - 12/11/2018 15:30

Today, I bought a new $10,000 car since my old one broke down. Today, I also found out the old one wasn’t starting because i never had it in park. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 135
You deserved it 4 678

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So you're bad with money, and cars. Did you ask someone to help work out what was wrong with your old car, or did you give up after one attempt?

How did you manage to pass a driver's test? Unless you're driving a stick shift, YOU ALWAYS PUT IT IN "PARK" WHEN YOU PARK. That's why they call it "PARK"!

Comments

So you're bad with money, and cars. Did you ask someone to help work out what was wrong with your old car, or did you give up after one attempt?

How did you manage to pass a driver's test? Unless you're driving a stick shift, YOU ALWAYS PUT IT IN "PARK" WHEN YOU PARK. That's why they call it "PARK"!

ViviMage 38

Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?

I’ve done this before. I was 16 or 17, and was waiting outside my dance studio to pick someone up. I had turned the car off to save gas, but never removed my foot from the brake, so I wasn’t aware I didn’t put it in park. Took me a bit to figure out the problem. Just one of those blonde moments.

Madison Gliosci 16
Heeshka 7

Upside: when your next FML is about the new car breaking down, everyone will remind you to put it in park first.

That stupid mistake aside, you never tried to even get your supposedly broken car checked/fixed and just went and bought a new car? You deserve every bit of this.

What kind of FML??? Oh boo hoo you got a new $10,000 car?

I'm pretty sure it's more like "Boo hoo I just wasted $10k!"

Captain? How can you ruin a car by not putting it in park?

KingAdrock 16

The car can't start if it's in park.

Lukr 8

Well I guess my hypothesis about at least one of either thr car or the owner having to be smart is wrong then. Because the car clearly is smart.