By lorb101 - 29/04/2015 15:34 - Australia - Mount Waverley

Today, after recently getting my car fully serviced and fixed, the horn has decided to spontaneously beep. To stop the beeping I have to press the horn hard, making it look like I'm purposely doing it to piss people off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 973
You deserved it 2 334

lorb101 tells us more.

I booked in next week to get it looked at- hopefully it behaves until then!! It just gets super awkward because I'm a 22 year old female and so not the usual candidate for a cheeky drive by beeping!! Thanks for all your concern guys!! Xxx

Top comments

Take it back to them and explain. Hopefully you won't get too many dirty looks :)

They may have messed up on the wiring when fixing the other problems. If you go back in, I'm sure they would be happy to fix it!

Comments

Take it back to them and explain. Hopefully you won't get too many dirty looks :)

incoherentrmblr 21

At least you weren't pranked where the horn was connected to the brake pedal...

incoherentrmblr 21

#42, no, but I saw a YouTube video of it. It's hilarious...

They may have messed up on the wiring when fixing the other problems. If you go back in, I'm sure they would be happy to fix it!

Surprised you haven't gotten killed yet.

Same here! A while ago, in my state, this old man's road rage was so extreme that he bumped into the car of the driver he was angry with to get them to pull over, then grabbed a crossbow from his backseat and shot the driver with it. The guy was angry because the other driver had flashed his high beams at him. Hoping your fate will be better, OP! Fingers crossed you can get it fixed soon.

@31 OMG! That is so creepy and messed up. What state do you live in, if you don't mind me asking?

@37 Massachusetts! We're just living up to the "Masshole" name, I guess.

Heh, that sucks. I would hate to meet you on the road OP! Road rage.

Oh, I thought you were going to say it looked like you were jerking off trying to disable the horn...

you're just honking at the mechanic for ******* up your car, right?

Go back and explain them what happened, they'll fix it. Until then, disable the horn. It's usually pretty simple, just disconnect the wires:) if you don't know which ones it is or can't find them, Google it. There's probably a manual online:) Good luck OP!

That must be such a pain in the ass. I hope you get it sorted.