This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

Ah, love. So awkward, no?

By Jo~ - 06/10/2017 16:00

Today, I finally got the guts to tell a good friend how I feel. Good news: he has feelings for me too. Bad news: neither one of us appears to be willing to risk our friendship to try moving forward. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 921
You deserved it 829

Top comments

...Why confess those feelings if you're not willing to move forward?

exileonmainst 16

"So, I've been meaning to tell you.. I don't really like you." "Oh my god! I've felt the same about you!" "So should we stop hanging out?" "I don't know, it would risk our friendship.."

Comments

exileonmainst 16

"So, I've been meaning to tell you.. I don't really like you." "Oh my god! I've felt the same about you!" "So should we stop hanging out?" "I don't know, it would risk our friendship.."

...Why confess those feelings if you're not willing to move forward?

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20
arioch_fml 20

aw man there's a friendship+??? I'm still stuck on friendship!

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

yknow. Friendship plus is just like normal friendship, only with sex...

Now that you both know how each other feels, chances are something will happen that'll make you move forward regardless of how you feel now

If you have feelings for one another, take the risk. There's no reason you can't take things slowly and see where they go, but for crying out loud, how many people have feelings for their friends that aren't reciprocated--and worse, said friend has a thing for another friend?

-shrug- If your feelings aren't strong enough to get you to make that leap, they might not be strong enough to keep you together. Worse, they might be strong enough to cause a nasty break up. On the other hand, there's no reason you two can't do stuff that is dating, but not officially date and see how compatible you are on that front.

I think your problem is that you both discussed it while sober. Try adding some whiskey to the conversation. After all, alcohol is a solution in chemistry.

Don't do it! Its a trap! Did the same with my bestfriend, then it got hard and we broke up and I lost my bestfriend as well as my boyfriend. It hurt way more then just a breakup. I still miss my bestfriend. But its all ****** up and ruined now. Keep your friend, its more important then dating.

There's a song about this. Friends and Lovers. Look it up and play it for him.

That sucks. But it sounds like you to were meant to just be great friends!!!