By Useless Key - 02/09/2018 18:30

Today, my sister couldn't find the spare key I gave her for my apartment, so I had to pay a $50 fee to the leasing office. Not 30 minutes after paying, she found the key. In her purse. On her keychain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 043
You deserved it 324

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope she also found $50 to pay you for her mistake.

oldtimer 3

Why wouldn’t you just go to nearby hardware store and have a duplicate made from your key.

Comments

I wonder which one of you is the “dumb one.” I’m inferring that you needed the spare key because you locked yourself out. I hope you’re the “pretty one” — that’s the more important attribute.

oldtimer 3

Why wouldn’t you just go to nearby hardware store and have a duplicate made from your key.

A) it might be a “do not duplicate” key which locksmiths aren’t capable of copying B) it might be because they have to have a locksmith change the lock for safety purposes

tr3yr 13

Every apartment I had I was able to duplicate the keys. Even at the Walmart kiosk, so this is interesting.

Emma Marshall 19
julfunky 29

So is she going to reimburse you for her $50 screw up?

To be fair, women have a large assorment of things in their purses/handbags. Just look at Mary Poppins.

I hope she also found $50 to pay you for her mistake.

Unless Sis is sharing the apartment, why give her a key your apartment? Several FML’s have been written about problems with people showing up and letting themselves in. Even if you trust Sis with your life and possessions - how about her friends, boyfriends, etc. OP get that key back.