By Anonymous - 30/07/2016 13:45 - Maldives

Today, while using the bathroom I gave the toilet a courtesy flush, only for it to overflow and soak my pants. That would've been bad enough even if I hadn't been at work, with five hours left on my shift and no change of clothes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 288
You deserved it 1 068

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You'd think your boss would send you home because he didn't want you chillin all toilet watery amd whatnot and getting the water on stuff

If anybody asks, you can attempt to save face by explaining that you successfully MacGyver'd a bidet out of an ordinary toilet.

Comments

It's pretty much to flush halfway through taking a shit to make sure it doesn't clog, but I guess that OP didn't flush soon enough...

I always understood it to be an attempt to clear the smell rather than letting it sit and fume the whole room

At least there wasn't anything in the toilet at the time. Right?!?

if there was nothing there why would OP do a courtesy flush? the only time I hear of that is when it's full or super stinky....

You'd think your boss would send you home because he didn't want you chillin all toilet watery amd whatnot and getting the water on stuff

If anybody asks, you can attempt to save face by explaining that you successfully MacGyver'd a bidet out of an ordinary toilet.

Never never ever do a courtesy flush in a public restroom. I learned that the hard way .... And apparently so did you Op. If you absolutely have to, get up before Flushing to make sure this very thing doesn't happen then sit back down. But why didn't you take off your pants? That's what the hooks on the back of the bathroom door are four, and if there aren't hooks then get creative.

You need four hooks to put up your pants? Geez man.

*for... No but apparently AutoCorrect does. and there is absolutely no shame in that.

hellobobismyname 24

Do people really take their pants completely off and hang it on the door when taking a shit?

I was wondering the same #10. I have NEVER heard of someone doing that. I use the hooks for a coat, sweater, or my purse. Even a shopping bag if I have one.

I always courtesy flush...who wants to sit there smelling that? I don't. BUT I do always plan for an overflow. Happened to me once but I was able to escape and use another stall to finish up.

Good save 16, but we don't always have the luxury of an empty restroom to switch stalls. And besides, are you telling me you wouldn't rather bask in the steamy aroma? * sarcasm*

You went to work without taking backup clothes?! Who does that!? In real life though, I imagine that is embarrassing. Sorry it happened to you.

OMG, I was obviously joking. I followed with "In real life....Sorry that happened.". Jeez! Lighten up!

FYL. There are many possible reasons... But I keep a full set of clothes at school or work. Accidents happen, and more than once in my life I was happy to have that extra set. (Bra, underwear, pants, shirt, and even socks). It pays off. Better keep it and not need it than need it and not have it, as was your case.

When I was a manager one of my employees did the same thing. He was super embarrassed but I sent him home to change.

How common is the toilet clogging or over flowing, i have never experienced this and always find the notion absurd when i hear people have clogged the toilets from taking a dump or it has overflowed. Let me know if its happened to you btw. Thanks.